Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

[CLOSED] anyone having problems with rust on mixer

i own a djm2000 mixer and im starting to see some surface rust on the back of it and the faceplate. im wondering if i can send away to get fixed or what? i hope its not like that on the inside of the machine.

kwfireman10

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

18 commentaires

Funny you should raise this, i've just had rust appear on my top plate (beside channel 4) on my djm 2000 - Made late 2010. Pretty shocked to say the least! Had a djm 600 for years before my 800 and both faceplates never had an issue and looked good as new!

cdjbasile 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Rust? Really? How do you transport / store your units?

Gavin 0 votes

1st question is where and how do you store, display and play with your gear? I have a mixer with rust on it... But it's a 1988 Gemini that is rusty by the cross fader where the paint is rubbed off. Thats pretty crazy to hear cause I have a djm 2000 Nexus mixer. And if I see rust after unboxing it and it going right into a flight case that is in a controlled climate??? Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll hell is gonna break loose on the Pioneer rep that picks up my call to them. LOL

DJ Pete 0 votes

Honestly,no different that how I owned and stored my 600 or 800 under decksaverers when not played in a normally heated room in my house. I definately think the quality of product since the cdj 1000 and djm 800 has been questionable. My play led went on my cdj 2000 within a year and pioneer uk didn't want to know, As reported on these forums by others. But the djm2000 has been in the same room for less time than my dormant djm 800, yet its the used djm 2000 under decksavers ( as is the unused 800) that starts to rust. It is only a little on the faceplate, but I'm worried it'll spread

cdjbasile 0 votes

Is there any condensation build up underneath the decksavers?

Gavin 0 votes

No, if I'd seen any hint of the decksavers steaming up I'd have removed them. This just came out of the blue

cdjbasile 0 votes

Hey, sorry to hear this but have you ever cleaned the mixer and then put the deck savers on , perhaps leaving moisture , can you post a decent picture  here as I would like to see this as a 2000 owner of around the same age .It would be ironic if the deck savers were causng this though.

D Mark Mills 0 votes

Hey, sorry to hear this but have you ever cleaned the mixer and then put the deck savers on , perhaps leaving moisture , can you post a decent picture  here as I would like to see this as a 2000 owner of around the same age .It would be ironic if the deck savers were causng this though.

D Mark Mills 0 votes

I severely doubt it's the decksavers it just lives in my studio, under a decksaver and cared for in the same way I have my djm 600, 700 then 800 - Which had no problems with decksavers.

Never left liquid on them, if I use a moist cloth to clean then I use another cloth to dry. This is why I am so surprised!

I take the utmost care with the gear, given the pricetag

cdjbasile 0 votes

I'd be interested to see a photo of the problem too.

Gavin 0 votes

You can attach it in your post or use any hosting service you wish (Imageshack / Imgur / Photobucket / Flickr etc).

Gavin 0 votes

Heres the pic, like i said it just a tiny patch, but im worried it will spread.

Having owned the djm 300, 400, 600, 700 and 800 i've never had one issue with the faceplates

cdjbasile 0 votes

Gavin,Is there someone I can email the pic to at pioneer Hq to get a new part of the faceplate

cdjbasile 0 votes

ill show u a pic thats worse when i get a minute to take a pic of my mixer. i store my mixer with all my other equip. nothing else has rust. i transport in a flight case. i clean my gear with a dry rag. 

kwfireman10 0 votes

@cdjbasile > Are you sure that's not just food?  ;)

Pulse 0 votes