Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

8 abonnés S’abonner

[OPEN] Ableton Live 9 doesn't recognize DJM-900NXS Asio Soundcard

I try to connect my DJM-900NXS to Ableton Live but it doesn't recognize the asio soundcard from mixer in the audio device.

Rekordbox, Fruity Loops recognizes perfectly. Only Ableton Live doesn't recognize.

Ableton Live 9.1.1 64 bits and Windows 7 64 Bits Service Pack 1. DJM-900NXS 1.30 version and 1.500 driver.

Anyone have this issue?

André Caproni

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

25 commentaires

Can't say I've heard of anyone else having this issue, have you tried reinstalling the drivers and have you checked the configuration of the Pioneer mixer utility?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I've got exactly the same issue!! I've installed ableton live 9 (64-bit) and the latest firmware and driver for my djm-900 nexus but ableton doesn't recognize the asio soundcard from my djm... I removed the 64-bit version of ableton live and installed the 32-bit version. now ableton recognizes the djm-900 asio soundcard. so it seems to me that there is no 64-bit driver support for the asio soundcard of the djm-900. did anyone make other experiences? it would be great to run the 64-bit asio soundcard of my djm with ableton live 9 and I really hope that this problem will be fixed soon.

Yanik 0 votes

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with 64bit Ableton 9 running on win 8 - my DJM 850 is not recognized as the ASIO sound device although its working perfectly in any other application....

Marek

Marek 0 votes

Okay, so here's the problem...

The drivers are 32bit and they can operate in a 64bit environment (your OS), but if a 64bit application needs them, they're not available. You must run the 32bit version of Ableton Live 9 in order to have access to the hardware.

So what are the pros/cons of 32bit vs. 64bit applications? Not to get overly technical, unless you're running a maHOOsive studio setup with more plugins and processing than you can shake a stick at, chances are you're not going to take full advantage of the 64bit program. That said, "Hey, we have 64bits, why not use them?", and I'm with you on that -- the engineers are investigating to see which applications currently on the market are using it and what the process will be for them to publish 64bit drivers. We'll let you know if we hear more.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for your response!

I just wondered - I am using my Ableton9 on osx in 64bit version as well but I am not having such issues there - only the windows driver in combination with Ableton9 64bit is affected what means that the driver is not behaving consistently across the supported platforms...

Marek 0 votes

Are you kidding me!?

Theres is definately a easy to notice difference between the performance of a program running 32 or 64 bit.

I am a maschine user (guess what...64bit version), who just bought a djm 900nxs and now i cant use that damn thing.

This is freaking ridiculous. Pioneer always presents itself like the state of the art technology firm and it doesnt have 64 bit drivers which is the standard for quite while now!

With the current drivers, i cant get the best performance, which is necesary in a complete digital setup. You better fix that soon!

Hexalite 0 votes

@Hexalite > I'd love to know what it is you're doing with Maschine64 that you can't do with Maschine32.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse No offense but you are trying to say that we shouldn't use 64bit software just because someone in the Pioneer decided that it's not needed.....? :-)

Sorry but we paid too much for your hw to listen to someone saying that we should change our workflow and software because Pioneer is greedy and lazy... 

Marek 0 votes

I totally agree with marek!! @pulse can you maybe explain why pioneer decided to just focus on the 32 bit system?  sometimes pioneers decisions aren't quite understandable, same thing with the smartphone rekordbox-app... why doesn't that app support wav files but just mp3's? so it's kind of useless to me... but that's a new topic, I know ;)

Yanik 0 votes

The reason they haven't yet released any 64bit drivers is it is only recently (like within the last few months) that there have been DJ applications, or production applications where someone was likely to use a Pioneer product as an audio interface, which ran at 64bit. While the OS has been available at 64bit for some time, the applications hadn't made use of 64bit architecture and 32bit drivers sufficed. Why invest the time and money when there's no use for the product? Now that there are applications around (such as Ableton and Maschine), not DJ applications mind you, but still applications DJs will potentially use at 64bit, the engineers are looking into development.

Pioneer is not lazy and greedy, there simply hasn't been demand. So the current solution is for you to install and run the 32bit version of the application you need to use along side the 64bit version and switch when you need to use a 32bit driver for Pioneer's audio devices.

And @Yanik, the reason WAV files are not supported on the mobile version of rekordbox is due to the amount of available space on current devices. Pioneer didn't want users to suddenly find themselves without any free space on their phones and not realize why.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse Do you know when this drivers will be available?

André Caproni 0 votes

There is no timeline available right now, all we know is when we hear about it, we'll post it.

Pulse 0 votes

UGH. Same problem here.  I use 64bit Ableton and bought the DJM 750 to use as a soundcard. What a huge disappointment.  Please make this happen.  Please!

matt crozier 0 votes

Do you know that even the crappiest reloop controllers with built in interfaces have 64 drivers..for years!  And those things cost not even 300 bucks. Against my NEW Djm 900 Nexus for 1800. Great.

IS there someone working one it? Or "will look into it" ?

Hexalite 0 votes

Hexalite: Easy man....- as mentioned previously, someone at Pioneer said we don't need it so we really don't need it.... :-D

Marek 0 votes

aaaah..yeah. okay i guess then i really dont need it. thank you. forgot pioneer is always right.

Hexalite 0 votes

No but seriously. i just like choosing my own plugins. And when you have for example, a couple of lexicon reverbs, a couple of delays, etc in a routing, with maschine, 4 channels in total: It is just cpu hungry, and 64bit is just better. what should i say...

Hexalite 0 votes

You can continue to say the same thing and I will do the same -- which is that they are working on them.

Pulse 0 votes

Beta version of DJM-900NXS2, DJM-850 and DJM-750 drivers are ready now.

Please download them from the links below.

DJM-900NXS2: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca8obxo5x6vjbn6/DJM-900NXS2_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

DJM-850:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkltorokz0wc0jp/DJM-850_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

DJM-750:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrtbfm2yyz9k9kr/DJM-750_Ver0.9.1.0.exe?dl=0

If you find any issues in the beta drivers, please create a ticket from here.

If your product is not listed above, we don't yet have a beta driver for it but it will be ready soon. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

Do you have the 64bit drivers for DJM-900NXS and DJM-2000NXS ?

André Caproni 0 votes

@Andre > Those ones haven't been released yet, but soon! All products will have new 64bit drivers by the end of the month.

Pulse 0 votes

Yo, i have the same issue! But i have tried with both 32 and 64-bit ableton and nothing seems to work... my DJM is also fully updated.
The only issue i can think of is that Pioneer has some problems with the new OSX update El Capitan, am i right?

William Zimmer Sørsdahl 0 votes

@William > If you're using a Mac, you don't need to worry about bit-version, the drivers for Mac do not require a specific version, just that you have the correct drivers for your operating system.

The DJM-900NXS drivers are fully compatible with El Capitain, so long as you are running at least 10.11.1; 10.11.0 was not compatible.

Pulse 0 votes