Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

[SOLVED] DJM 900 SRT Firmware Issue

I purchased an open box DJM 900 SRT mixer and I cannot get the Serato DJ plug and play component to work. I worked with Serato's support team to figure out that the mixer has the wrong firmware installed. It actually has the DJM 900 Nexus firmware, ver 1.31 installed. Also the cue buttons illuminate as orange instead of blue. The physical mixer shows the DJM 900 SRT Serato DJ Edition in the bottom right and it has the 4 phono outputs. Is it possible that the wrong firmware was installed at the mixer is functioning as the Nexus? Is it possible for the cue buttons to illuminate as either orange or blue, depending on the firmware?

Thesis

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

15 commentaires

ummmmmm I am just guessing here, but it sounds like you got screwed, the LED's are blue for the SRT and yellow for the Nexus. i have a feeling someone swapped the plastic front plate which is so simple and cheap to do where it says SRT vs NEXUS so they can fool people and get more money

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

it looks like the EFX plates are different colors too, the SRT seems to have a silver plate and the 900Nexus a black one, which color is yours in comparison to the attached pic?

BriChi 0 votes

That is what I was starting to think as well. It seems very unlikely that Pioneer would put in both blue and orange lights for the cue buttons in both mixers. I was hoping to have this confirmed by Pioneer in this thread. 

Thesis 0 votes

It is black, like the Nexus. Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it in my comparison. 

Thesis 0 votes

plus the SRT FW would not even run on a Nexus so.......

BriChi 0 votes

yeah, someone pulled a quick one on the place you bought it from, they probably swapped the plates and returned it to get more money or something

BriChi 0 votes

there may be some model branded on the bottom of the mixer too if you look

BriChi 0 votes

Sorry I was mixed up. It is silver. Here are some screens

Thesis 0 votes

The faceplate is from the SRT (note the white labeling below the USB name on the input selector), but the orange LED buttons for CUE are from the NXS.

Do the screw-heads appear to have any marks or nicks in them? To me, it certainly looks like someone has done an internal hardware swap.

Pulse 0 votes

good point Pulse on the usb markings

someone definitely swapped faceplates maybe

BriChi 0 votes

The other obvious one is it shows the "nexus" in the display at boot. I just verified with my SRT that you can NOT flash NXS firmware to it; the app thinks it can, says it's transmitting, but the mixer will show an error message and when you reboot, it's still running the SRT firmware.

Looks like you need to take it back and have words with the shop owner; they got screwed harder than you did.

Pulse 0 votes

*UPDATE*

So you guys were correct, someone had changed the faceplate / backplate of the mixer and it was "a Nexus in SRT clothing", lol. We took it back to the original shop and they exchanged it for a proper SRT, shipped directly from Pioneer. It is amazing that someone went to those lengths to change it out. Anyways, the Serato DJ plug in play option worked perfectly and loaded in about 30 seconds on the new mixer. It is awesome! Thanks for the help on this!  

Thesis 0 votes

Cool! Glad to hear the shop sorted you out.

Marking this topic as solved; should you have any other questions, please start a new topic and we'll be happy to assist!

Pulse 0 votes