Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

acoustical foam bedroom DJ

Curious if anyone uses acoustical foam? How much does a room need, where to place it? DOes it even matter?

My room is 12x14feet

Carpet, sofa are the only things in there besides electronics/table

Should I spend the hndreds of dollars or... I'm not sure if it will help, never used it.

I own Pioneer 08 speakers (Might be a tad large for a small room but it is what it is now,

Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Simple : No.

Explained version : If you produce then a neutral monitoring is required , for dj'ing though this is not really of importance/use. (Just listen and turn your speakers treble/bass/setting down) (I've never seen the back of the SDJ's)... so yeah hope this helps.

Sammy 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Justin > are you looking into acoustical foam for production reasons or to prevent annoying your neighbours?

Gavin 0 votes

@ Gavin

I have already treated my room with Green Glue, R13 Insulation, double drywall and safe and sound interior doors. I'm not 100% happy with it but it helps. It is what it is...

Acoustical foam... My only concern here is bouncing soundwaves. I guess it's not 100% concern of mine but if it tightens things up a little. From reading the net I understand 5o to 75% should be used for DJing however I am hard pressed to find any DJ that uses more than 12 or so Acoustical foam if at all. Mostly for singers and studios. However I don't want to take down my pictures so I am also limited on wall space so it might not even be an issue. If i did use foam it probably would only be the 12 pices in my room as well.

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votes

@Justin > Are you convinced this is an expense you want to put yourself through? I don't know anyone on here that uses acoustical foam. It is my understanding that corners should be the first area targeted with foam.

Gavin 0 votes

in my studio i use it due to the mic work that is carried out on radio broadcasts. i have a converted garage, stud walls with foam inserts and material stapled to the batons... its not acoustic foam but its a pretty dead room for vocals.. and it makes ya ears go all weird when ya walk in.

but for djing its hardly worth the expense... to fully coat the walls and ceilings. at best use acoustic tiles in strategically placed locations to soften off the echoes... dont ask me wheres best to place as i dont have a clue where to start.

Matt Jackson 0 votes

@ Gavin. Nope, I'm not going to do it. I did the whole green glue and double dry wall etc and to be honest, I flushed money down the toilet. I will listen to words here... Saving my money

Oh, the whole green glue and double dry wall was to soundproof... It may have helped a tad but not as advertised.

If you want a cheap solution to stop bouncing (There's foam to mirror sound and absorb it).

Any textiles trap alot of sound so get some curtains infront of the wall they'll do for absorbing sound.

Sammy 0 votes

I use accoustic foam as my music room is very narrow, and with big flat walls there was lots of reflections and bass boominess.

You can pickup 24 1 foot tiles for 20 quid on amazon.  Dont buy from pro audio shops, they'll charge you 10x the price for the same stuff.  I use sticky velcro pads to stick it to the walls, so I can remove them in future when I move house.

Nutty 0 votes