Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

CDJ 2000 DJS NOT USING LINK FOR RED PLATTER

Hey guys,

I noticed something recently and I wanted to get some views and opinions on it... So I have watched many youtube videos of popular djs on the new cdj's... Or even the MK1's... And I don't see any Red platter when they are mixing... So I'm thinking... Ahhhh they just dont have them linked to a HUB to the mixer.. But then today Im watching numerous tomorrow land videos... And I see The DJ Chuckie video... Channel 4 is up on the DJM 900. No red platter. The tunes are changing... (Mixes) but the up fader is still channel 4??? HUMMM? Pre-mixed and recorded? Just play with some effects to 100k of people over your pre-recorded mix? Then I go look at Avicc's tomorrow lands video... Mannnnn He is working OVERTIME twisting knobs.... TO NOTHING!!!!! So My question is... Are these guys pre-recording there stuff and just standing there pretending??? R U Kidding me?? I'm hearing of OUTRAGEOUS pay days for these guys like $70k for a performance, and we are listening to something they did at home in there studio??? Is this why we see article's all the time of Guetta and Axwell getting busted on there pre-recorded sets while at a show or in concert?? If so they all should be ashamed of themselves... Listen we all know Avicc can't mix his way out of a paper bag, but all these other so called DJ's that are doing this should be embarrassed. That was the great thing about listening to a dj live.. That we could here them correct a mix if it went a little off.. Im sure the drummer for Metalica screws up a time or two during a concert.. But we still love them and respect the art... This is a sad day for me as a dj.. 

Let me now what you guys think??

DJ Pete

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Sorry Gavin that I didn't put it in the right place.

DJ Pete 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@DJ Pete > No worries, thats my job.

I think you're a bit too sceptical about the performance - I would say the DJs are, indeed, playing live.

You can have the active platter display turned on or off in the settings.

Gavin 0 votes

I hope so Gavin... Im just calling it as i saw it on the video... I truly hope im wrong.

DJ Pete 0 votes

Well, just have a look at the 2000NXS promotional vids.

Kissy, nor Laidback Luke/Eats Everything have the "on air status" enabled.

For my thing (got to use 2000's and 900 linked today) usually when stabbing it becomes kind of annoying.

Like other people were looking at me "Why does your platter keep flashing red/white".

I think it's disabled or they're Guetta-ing it.

Sammy 0 votes

It is disabled. I know for a fact these guys play live.

Gavin 0 votes