Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Can you Overdub anything? What about OD Bank Sounds??

Was wondering if it's possible to overdub what's coming out of my cdj to my xpad and from there add along drum samples...overdub that and then be able to switch to one of the 4 banks and overdub samples n top of the beat pattern I've created ?? Every time I switch to a bank of my custom loaded samples it continues with the drum pattern I created on the stock drum sounds but it applies that pattern to the samples in whichever bank I just chose... Is it poss to overdub bank sounds on top of one another is my question? Is the best way to create a long loop by making one of the xpad values the highest loop length it allows ?? I think it's 4/1 or 8/1 ?

BoostNMuscle

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

The RMX won't sample the audio that is being input.  The only time it does this is when you use a Roll.

As soon as you switch banks, only the samples in the currently selected bank will play.

You should view Overdub more of a playback utility than a recording utility.  When you are using it, you are not recording audio, you are just telling it what samples to play.

What I REALLY want to see, is the ability to turn off Overdub, but have your sample pattern continue to play.  Allowing you to 'fill' a pattern ad-hoc with samples, or the X-Pad, without actually adding them to the Overdubbed pattern.

Mark90 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I want to be able to do exactly what you said as well as have the option to keep the audio looping and continue to add or take away sounds from any bank and fully remix live! The more I'm on it the more I love it but being able to add bank sounds in layers would be great as well as keep whatever is on your xpad rolling in time and allow u to add fills on xpad without it necessarily saving those fills...

BoostNMuscle 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien