Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

RMX-1000 Echo Fault

Just got my RMX-1000 a few days ago and I love it.

However, I am having a glitch with it.

I turn all my equipment on, start playing a track.  I activate the Echo effect (under scene effects) and it cuts the outgoing audio out all the way (kind of pops too, the master level goes into the red for a split second)  When it is doing this if I turn the output level knob down then it gets near 0 it clips or kind of pops the output.  When the echo is not messing up the output problem knob does not do this.  All other effects, x pad, isolator, etc. work perfectly.

I don't see any levels on the outout of the RMX when it does this, I still see input levels.

I received it and immediatley updated the latest firmware so didn't have a chance to test it with what it came with.

The only way to get audio back is either power cycle the unit or switch the release effects switch (let's say it's on echo, I have to switch it to the left and then all the way to the right or if it's all the way to the right then switch it to the left), however switching the relase effects only gets audio back and does not fix the echo problem.

I am using 2 x cdj2000s, djm800 (hooked up to the rmx via send return with balanced TRS (1/4 inch cables)

Anything I am doing wrong or is it a firmware problem that is going to be fixed or do I have a bad unit.

Thanks!!!!!!  Thinking of getting a DJM2000 but need to get this fixed ASAP.

Here is a youtube link showing you - I really think it is a bad unit or maybe firmware glitch - Any way to load the previous firmware to see if it will fix it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-pMcTUl1s&feature=g-upl

Jeremy Case

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

And I have re loaded the firmware 3 times.  haven't downloaded a fresh copy yet.  going to try that right now....

Jeremy Case 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Downloaded fresh firmware and it went on fine but same issue.

Jeremy Case 0 votes

Again when it does the echo fault, if I turn the output knob near 0 the audio clips and redlines my mixer - I think it shows it on the video.

Jeremy Case 0 votes

Another user had the same issue and it sounded like a hardware issue - please contact technical support via the links at the right to arrange for an exchange or repair.

Pulse 0 votes

pulse, can a firmware update fix this? id rather wait for an update than pack the rmx up and post it off.... :/

aaron elliott 0 votes

@Aaron > we couldn't say for sure. It'd probably be quicker to contact technical support.

Gavin 0 votes

Im no expert but I really think its a hardware problem. Due to the fact of when the echo fault occurs when I would move the master level down near 0 the unit would redline my mixer and make a popping sound. I sent mine back to where i got it and the new one actually sounds cleaner than the other one even when effects aren't running and the effects sound cleaner and louder than the defective one.

Jeremy Case 0 votes