Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

[SOLVED] Using RMX1000 as midi clock master?

OK I use my CDJ2000 nexus with Live and a Livid Instrument controller as my DJ mixer. This allows me to use the RMX1000 as a send and return as i own an xone 62 and the Aux loop just was not cutting it. 

I can use all the audio effects that DON'T use the BPM in Live so filters etc. 

I have it all working great apart from one thing..  

What i would like is to use the BPM dependent effects in Live which is pretty much all of them! 

I realise you cannot get the CDJ2000 nexus to time sync with Live. Some are working on it but its way off production.

However the RMX1000 works out the BPM very accurately using the audio signal from the CDJs, so is there anyway of sending that BPM to Ableton Live so that Live uses the RMX1000 as the master??

Now i know if i use the plug in it does this but the other way round... Ableton is the master which i don't want - so is there a way of reversing this? 

Can Live be set to slave from the RMX1000?

Gary

forgot to mention i have mapped the master tempo from Live 9 to my controller so i can manually change this to match the CDJs but looking for a way that the RMX will just keep everything sync between itself and Live.

funky1200

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

"However the RMX1000 works out the BPM very accurately using the audio signal from the CDJs, so is there anyway of sending that BPM to Ableton Live so that Live uses the RMX1000 as the master??"

Answer: No

I've tried so many methods to use the RMX1000 with my setup: CDJ2000 and Xone DB4. Traktor as master with audio and MIDI routed to Live was effective but a PITA to set up when playing anywhere but my music room. There is also a DB4 "hack" to route audio internally but it is not ideal solution. My only solution was to open a monthly subscription to Virtual DJ software and use it as a audio pass through with RMX1000 vst on each channel. Basically I route my audio from CDJ to mixer then to software via USB and back out into mixer to system.

It works really well thus far actually and I just tuck my laptop out of the way and play normally. You could do the same thing but would have to invest in at least a two channel (In and Out) USB soundcard as I dont think the Xone62 has USB capabilities.

Daniel 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I also should add the Virtual DJ does not really affect the audio signal in any way (or doesn't seem to). It is only passing through and effected by the RMX PlugIn.

Daniel 0 votes

thanks Daniel - i actually have a similar setup.. i use Live as my DJ mixer. I have an external effect plug in which is the send and return for the RMX on each channel. I can then use the Controller to turn this effect device ( the RMX 1000 send and return ) on or off so i effectively have two RMX1000's one for each channel. 

similar to the send and return channel selector on the DJMs... 

I ditched the xone62 altogether as i would only get the RMX working on the main master out....  it worked on the Aux loop but was no way as it should be... no isolators etc.. 

I am just changing the tempo manually or not using timed effects in Live..

funky1200 0 votes

I got you.

The only difference is I can use tempo fx :P

Daniel 0 votes

Yeah lucky you :)

there must be a way as the RMX sends the data to Live as a plug in so Live gets the BPM data from RMX... i just need live to sync to that...hmmm i refuse to buy a DJM - i am annoyed as it is i cannot use the Allen and Heath...far superior mixers.

funky1200 0 votes

The RMX plugin is controlled by the Master BPM of Live--at least until a firmware update that allows otherwise. I believe the developer's intent was that the RMX vst would not be used in Live as a "DJ" tool more than a production tool. I mean, you even have to manually click "Link On" to use the hardware when switching decks/channels in Live.

The audio through is the only simple solution i found to circumvent all this nonsense and maintain my DB4/CDJ setup.

Daniel 0 votes

Exactly; the RMX itself was designed for live use, the plugin was designed for production use.

Pulse 0 votes