Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

RMX 500 audio levels slightly dropping.

so i am really enjoying my new RMX 500, but it seems that my level coming out of the RMX is slightly less than whats going in. Especially in the LOW frequencies...I'm losing bass.

Compared to turning the mixer knob to dry, god forbid i should turn on the send/rtrn while the mixer knob is on wet. You will definitely hear the audio drop in volume.

Mixer is a DNX1500, and I have never had this problem with any other external effects unit. The little switch on the side of the RMX seems to do nothing, because I do not notice any difference when changing the settings.

Can i adjust this in the firmware?

Also the resonance on most of the effects is a little too wild, can adjustments be made to the resonance?

Devin Roy

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

@Devin > There is a switch on the side of the RMX, what position do you have it set to?

RMX-500_side_LR-500x500.jpg

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Per the ** user manual **(pg 7), when you are connecting the RMX-500 via S/R loop, you should have the signal level switch set to the -10dB position. The other thing I would suggest is you check your cabling to ensure your leads are all working properly and connected to the proper terminals. You may also want to try using TS (unbalanced) cables if you are using TRS (balanced) cables.

As for the resonance, no, there is no ability to adjust it beyond the controls on the surface.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm having the same problem, Running an RMX-500 via FlexFX on a Rane TTM57mk2.

The drop is only slight but also in the lower frequencies, i have tried on -10 and +4 (my mixer has a switch for -10 and +4 also) and found the -10 setting which is recommended by all is causing the RMX-500 to clip according to the I/O lights, running on +4 seems to bring the RMX indicators on par with my mixer indicators, however neither of these fixes the drop.

I have tried multiple RCA cables from old and nasty to new and expensive (last couple cost me $50 each). This also made no difference.

Is there a way to adjust the Input/Output levels independently as per the RMX-1000?

Jamie 0 votes