Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

10 abonnés S’abonner

Lion Compatibility?

Just a general enquiry as to whether or not RekordBox has been tested with Lion at all? I know it's not available to the public yet, but the Developer Preview has been out since February, and it was originally announced in October of last year, so it's not like it's new news or been sprung on anyone right at the last minute.

AngusGibbins

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

57 commentaires

Bump: Just posting another method to get to the library, if you're like me, hate the file system and thinks that Apple's onto a good thing by hiding the library and don't really want to show it, Open a Finder window, hold down option and click the Go menu, the Library will appear there. 

AngusGibbins 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Angus, How you making out with lion, Still debating the upgrade as my main partition

BriChi 0 votes

RekordBox 1.5 has been fine for me so far, a few other applications not so, I'm about to do a fresh install of Lion (not a fan of in place OS Upgrades, much prefer complete reinstalls).

I'm just hoping that the issues that everyone else is having with 1.5 is not because they've done a fresh install of 1.5 rather than upgrading from 1.4.1.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Just did a clean reinstall of Lion and RekordBox, restored my iTunes and RekordBox libraries from backup and I have to say it's snappier and faster than ever BriChi, I know it's not ideal for everyone who's having issues but I'd be surprised if formats and reinstalls (I recommend this every 6-12 months regardless of OS) didn't fix a lot of issues on this forum.

I didn't realise there'd be this much performance difference between a new and upgrade install with Lion.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Right now just going through the 6 hour process of reinstalling Logic :( Sigh.  Good thing it's a public holiday in my City!

AngusGibbins 0 votes

yeah, I usually always do a fresh install, I hate upgrades, I never trust em. Lion is pretty snappy. Maybe over the weekend i'll finally break down and put it on my main partition. it's becoming a pain to reboot into S.L. each time I want to mess with RB and music. Thanks for the info

BriChi 0 votes

Jerry, there is no point in cross/multl-posting, The mods do read ALL posts doing this will only annoy them, please be patient in a response as there are many different people from many different time zones in the forum

MrChukkel 0 votes

Thanks for the feedback, I only posted across different threads because Pioneer does not allow any new threads related specifically to my issue to be created as a new post, hence having to post in threads that are similar but not necessarily directly connected to the problems we're presently experiencing.  Sorry if I seemed badgering in any way, that was not my intention.  Just trying to get this resolved hopefully in time for our busy season of clients without having to discard this expensive controller only purchased a year ago with it's continued conflicts within the Mac OS environment.

Jerry Laskin 0 votes

As I said in another thread - yes, you do have the ability to post a new thread.  Threadjacking not one but <EDIT> SIX </EDIT> different topics is just poor netiquette and a major pain in my derriere.  Don't do that again.

Pulse 0 votes

Been so busy that I haven't had much time for the forums… but did have a massive problem with RB last weekend, and stopped by here tonight to see if others did too.  Looks like it.  On the whole, I'm not fond of Lion or RB, frankly… so I wasn't all that surprised when it happened.  Basically, every time I'd plug in my hard drive (or another hard drive), RB would crash immediately.  I had to scramble to figure out a solution, which involved booting from another disk (with Snow Leopard), using the RB install on that system (1.4).  It worked, but both drives gave me problems when I was playing that night.  Thankfully, I've just done a clean install of Lion on a brand new SSD, so I'll be installing 1.5 shortly to see if that helps.  Hopefully it does, since I'm playing in 3 hours!

-J

Warth 0 votes

^^ Good luck!

I'm one of the seemingly few people who haven't had any problems with RB 1.5... However... I initially did an upgrade to Lion (mainly because I didn't want to spend 6-8 hours reinstalling Logic).  I had a few issues with other applications (not RekordBox) and in the end I just did a clean reinstall.

I was a bit worried about the RB1.5 (I thought maybe because I'd upgraded to 1.5 instead of a clean install was the reason I hadn't been having issues) but it's been bulletproof since a clean Lion reinstall.

Ironically the application I was having the most issues with (Skype) still crashes persistently since, but that's another story.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Carlos sandoval: can you plz explain how u got rb to recognize your iTunes play list. 

it seems like it recognizes only older playlist but non of all my new playlist that i have made for the past 3 weeks on iTunes

thx!!!

OscarB 0 votes

Following up from my last post.  Rekordbox 1.5 + Lion = a total disaster on my end.  There is a slight possibility that my hard drive (G-drive, USB, 500 GB) has a hand in this mess, but since both of them (I have 2) gave me the same results (instant crash upon trying to transfer tracks to them via RB 1.5), I'm fairly certain that software is to blame.  Reluctantly, I even formatted one of my drives (thus, wiping out my only mobile version of my tracks) in the hopes that it would help… and it didn't.

Like last weekend, the only solution I could come up with was to boot up with another hard drive which had Snow Leopard and RB 1.4 on it.  That was my saving grace, since it allowed me to transfer enough tracks for the night (to a Lacie key drive).  Showing up to a gig right when I'm supposed to go on was not fun… but at least I had something to play.

I haven't had time to do extensive testing on this issue (or rather, to document it properly), but I tried several permutations between last weekend and Friday night—including restoring previous RB preferences and databases (using Time Machine), formatting hard drives, etc.  Bottom line is that RB is unusable for me on Lion.  I think Lion is a sloppy piece of work all around, frankly… so I wouldn't be surprised if it's to blame for something here.  But my hunch is necessarily on RB, which is the most amateurish piece of software I own.

1.  That's when I bought my 2000s.  Nearing the end of 2011 now… and Rekordbox is only on version 1.5… and still…  Unbelievable.
Warth 0 votes

@Warth For what it's worth I'm running Lion and RB 1.5 with no problem so maybe your issues come from somewhere else?

Damien Sirkis 0 votes

since migrating to lion all of my apps including rekordbox have been ok.... however the first time i booted RB the library was empty... it promptly crashed!  Crash report was sent off, then i reopened it and all has been rosy since!

i assume anyone with issues has run a disk permissions repair from the boot utility within lion?

Matt Jackson 0 votes

Just wanted to revisit this thread now that more time has elapsed since the Lion release.  I have still not yet upgraded from Snow Leopard, but I believe I may be ready to switch to Lion soon.  How are people's systems dealing with Lion and Rekordbox these days?  Rekordbox seems to be the final piece of software on my Mac which I am hoping to confirm compatibility with Lion before upgrading.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Sweet as a nut on my end. No issues whatsoever.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Is the recommendation to do a clean install of Lion?   Or will the standard update work??

Fuse Promote 0 votes

ive had a few crashes* since upgrading to lion but on the whole its been ok - cant say its any worse on lion than the previous version of osx.

*All random crashes that have not been repeatable.

Matt Jackson 0 votes

for me, same crashes on Lion I had with S.L. so no new issues occurred after I went to Lion.

BriChi 0 votes

With regards to upgrading. An inplace upgrade from Snow Leopard is supported but I highly recommend backing up and doing a clean install.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

I did an upgrade on one MBP, left the other with Snow Leopard to be able to do comparison work, and both machines are running just fine.

Pulse 0 votes

Reporting Back:     I did my Lion clean install upgrade yesterday.  Have loaded Rekordbox and migrated the database successfully.  So far, no issues.  Will let everyone know if there are any snags in the future.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Clean Intall Fix everything ... 

Juan Carlos Paris B. 0 votes