Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Simple Rekordbox Update Required!!!

I need a simple update for rekordbox

my situation:

I run rekordbox on my main pc at home. When I have a gig I only use my 64GB memory stick.

BUT! I like to use my laptop (I see more tracks on my laptopscreen). The problem is: it's not possible plug in my rekordbox-updated-memory-stick into my laptop. Rekordbox simply doesn't see the maps on my memory stick

FYI: **I connect my 2 cdj2000's with a hub to the laptop.

Please please, add this feature, you will make a lot of dj's happy!!!

thanks in advance... greetz Walter

www.djwally.com

Wally Delux

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

This a long shot but where about is your media saved? On a network share or external drive? If over the network are you connected via drive letter or UNC? Also what OS are you using?

The reason I ask is what you might be able to do as a work around (depending on your answers above) is copy your music library directly to your USB drive (rather than using RekordBox) and then if you're using a drive letter for your existing media, change the USB drive to be that same drive letter (so effectively RekordBox is reading from the same path)

I know that sounds like a cumbersome suggestion and but let me know if it doesn't make much sense and I'll clarify it a bit, (it's 9:30am here and I haven't had my second coffee yet)

AngusGibbins 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Correct; it's not designed to import tracks from an export device, much like you can't take your iPod to another computer and import the music directly to iTunes.  We've discussed several options with the engineers and hopefully we'll see some kind of change to this in the future.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks, your information is clear to me.

FYI: My music is stored on a personal home server (myditto). files are not accesseble by programs wich run outside my home network. So, at home I can use my PC as well as my laptop to acces my music files with rekordbox. This is ok for me.

exemple: I have my memorystick (uploaded with rekordbox). I bring this memorystick to a friend of mine who also works with rekordbox. I want to show him my new tracks, loops, cue's, etc. So I want to plug-in my stick in his pc to show him. Unfortunatly this is not possible at this moment.

I can live with it, but an upgrade would be nice :)

Wally Delux 0 votes

dropbox would be a solution. looks real nice...

Dropbox is way to expensive. Dropbox is free until 2GB. It will cost me too much to place all my music on dropbox (and keep it there).

dropbox only works on your own pc/laptops. It's not working when you use someone else's laptop because of your dropboxaccount.

Wally Delux 0 votes

As Pulse has suggested to me, And it works great, I use Backblaze, $5 a month for unlimited backup space and it backups constantly without you even knowing, just a small program that runs in the background. 

BriChi 0 votes