Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

import song problem

So i tried yesterday to import a new playlist with new songs,

but everytime i add song A it automaticly replaces it with another song thats allready on my sd card.

anyone knows this problem and how to fix it? its impossible to drag any new songs into a playlist, also directly thru the device it replaces the song with ones that are allready in a previous playlist.

thanks

edit/ now i see when i drag the song into a playlist, it turns grey with an ? symbol infront of it... almost like he doesnt know where the file is :S

Jasper Helderman

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

11 commentaires

Yes, Same problem.

Import songs in playlists that are NOT currently in the collection but dragged from windows explorer to playlists (on external devices) are replaced by random songs already in the collection. When dragging a track, it's greyed displayed with question mark and after analyzed replaced by wrong song. Same with iTunes tracks not currently in the collection but dragged from bridge window to playlist (on external drive). Please make RB stable, fast, and make features already in RB working like it has to be before adding new features!

AVES 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

SAME PROBLEM!

Pioneer, why don't you help us???

PS: It only happens with a PC. It works fine with a Mac. BUT WHY?

Chen 0 votes

Can you please list out step-by-step the process you are taking and the results?  It sounds like you're dragging a track to the playlist on the external device rather than within Rekordbox...

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, we are dragging the tracks from rekordbox playlists to an external device. And it doesn't matter if I import them from iTunes or from rekordbox or drag&drop them from windows explorer. But I do it within rekordbox!

Steps:

1. I open rekordbox 1.5.1

2. I drag&drop the tracks I want to import to a playlist on an external device. (Or rightklick them on an already created rekordbox playlist and klick the playlist I want to send them to)

3. They turn grey (I think they are analyzed at this moment) and there is a question mark displayed

4. In the very moment they turn white they are replaced by another songs which are already imported (randomly)

5. I can delete the tracks and try it again. But it happens all the time

And the funny thing is that it works with my MacBook just fine. No problems here,

Thanks!

Chen 0 votes

@Chen > At step 1, are the tracks you're selecting already in the Rekordbox collection and can you play them or do they have a "not found" icon?

Pulse 0 votes

Imported tracks are replaced by tracks already in the Rekordbox collection. By double click the tracks displayed are playing and imported track is not available in collection. Even not imported to the collection are copied to the external drive. This was also clearly described by first post in this thread a long time ago but not fixed at this time.

AVES 0 votes

@AVES > We don't suggest exporting songs to external devices without importing them to your collection first.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse: but that doesn't work either! Any suggestions, what we could try? Is it possible to "repair" the database file? Because I think the problems come from there.

Chen 0 votes

@Chen > If you add the song to your collection (drag and drop it to your collection pane from whatever the source is), then from there, add it to a playlist - either internally or on an export device -- you're saying it still exports the wrong track?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse: It depends. When I am in my collection and rightclick to export a track, then it doesn't export the wrong track. It doesn't export anything. When I split screens and try to drag&drop from the collection to the external drive then it exports the wrong tracks. Or when I drag&drop from windows explorer directly into the external drive. I can record it for you... with a desktop/screen recorder. But it is almost the same like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD_upB8Msn0

Chen 0 votes

Have you tried re-formatting the export device to see if that helps?  You may have a corrupt export database.

Pulse 0 votes