Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Crashing!!!

Why does rekordbox ALWAYS crash while analyzing my files? Is there any way around this? I leave my PC alone for a while to analyze files and then eventually it crashes.

I am a software developers so I know that there are ways to code defensively in case of an error.

When this happens, my whole library is corrupted.

This is beyond frustrating. Please tell your developers to fix this ASAP.

spaceling

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Bad songs will do this - scan your tracks for errors first.  We've suggested to the engineers that they create a built-in scanner, or at least a log and skip those that would cause problems.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Is there still a possibility of this being looked at? I think that in order for me to successfully use the product and not look at other options is to have a fully functioning product that will not crash during track analysis.

I literally have thousands of songs that I am attempting to import. I constantly need to backup my db file ever so often in case a crash happens during analysis.

My suggestion is that during an import, the software checks for any exceptions that happen when  track is being analyzed. If there is an exception, skip the track and add it to a log file, then move on to the next file. The fact that the application crashes during analysis can be avoided and is just bad programming.

I say this to help. Not only am I a DJ, but am also a software engineer by day, so I know that this is something which can be fixed. Also, this type of functionality that I'm suggesting is very simple to implement.

spaceling 0 votes

@spaceling - Since your last post, there have been improvements to the track analysis process, but the fact you didn't reply with the information requested doesn't make it easier to solve your problem.

Pulse 0 votes