Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Just bought CDJ900s & Rekordbox won't start! Aaaaarrrggghhh!

Hey!

I bought some brand spanking new and uber cool CDJ900s yesterday and there was a Rekordbox CD with them that I installed. The installation process went fine but when I clicked on the icon to then open the program it crashed...continually. So.....I thought I'd check if it was the latest version, which it wasn't, so I did a full uninstall of the old version of Rekordbox and downloaded the very latest version 1.5.0.  Same issue again with the latest version. I can't even get to a screen to enter my serial number...it just crashes continually. I've looked in the forums about renaming the database files etc but I don't have any database files in the Pioneer folder on my c drive as not been able to get that far to create them. Could really do with some help please!

Cheers!

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

2) OS Type: 64 bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.0

4) Using LINK: Not got that far as software won't even open yet

4a) LINK Connection method: Not got this far

4b) Using with CDJs: Will be using them with 900s

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: Not sure sorry

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device: Windows

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes. I am yet to be able to open it.

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: Rekordbox.exe has stopped working. Problem event name: APPCRASH. App Version 1.5.0.15. Fault module DBServer.dll

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes, as in 8a

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes , every time

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Provide as much detail of the issue here:  

Darren Simmons

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

12 commentaires

uninstall the software and remove the hidden dir.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer

then reinstall.....

this might help .....

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Hi Pionix, thanks for the suggestion. I've done that and reinstalled but it still doesn't work. Really frustrating.

Any other suggestions please anyone?

Cheers!

Darren Simmons 0 votes

Have you checked your computer for viruses or lost programs as it could be an installer problem i had the same thing and did a repair on my laptop and repaired the broken program files, i havent had any problems since (touch wood). Hope this helps

Dann Shinigami 0 votes

Hi Dann,

Yep.....done all the basic checks and still no luck. Really driving me crazy now.

Pioneer......HELP ME.......PLEASE!

Darren Simmons 0 votes

Darren,

I've spoken with the engineers and they'd like you to look in the following folder:

C:\Users(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox\Crashes\

(If you have your hidden folders enabled, you may not see it.)

If there are any .dsmp files in that folder, could you please attach them to a reply here.  Thanks.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

I've found a way of getting RekordBox to open....I run the exe file as an Administrator rather than just double clicking on the icon on my desktop. When it opens it'll analyse a couple of tracks then crash...every single time. I've just found the folder you refer to and have attached the latest .dsmp file. Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren Simmons 0 votes

Hi - I too have the problem of not being able to open rekordbox - crashes on start up every time - I'm running it on my brand new iMac - uninstalled reinstalled already .

I was using it all day copying all my playlists over from iTunes and then it just crashed and I haven't been able to open it since.

Got to say its so frustrating

Andy Moy 0 votes

Goto the pioneer folder and move the database.edb file to your desktop

open rekordbox then import your database back in using file > library > restore

See if that works.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

@Pionix > We've found the reason for the errors in your database, but the re-import you performed doesn't actually correct them and won't necessarily work for others either -- please don't suggest users try it.

Pulse 0 votes

@Andy Moy > It is always best to start a new thread for your own issue.

Have you read and followed this thread yet?

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20118251-read-this-thread-before-posting-for-help-with-rekordbox

Aside from this, it is most likely a corrupt file in your database which is causing the issue. If you are still having troubles after following the thread in the link I provided, you should start a new thread and provide your details on your computer OS type and version, Rekordbox version, and anything else that might be handy to know.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes