Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

12 abonnés S’abonner

RB 1.5.1.8 CRASH - Here We Go AGAIN!!!

UUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!

I've installed the updated version of RB 1.5.1.8, scrapped my old database files and started a fresh just to be certain of no previous issues affecting me. I imported my music folder (approx 24000 tracks) and RB imported them without any issue. It hammered away analysing my tracks and was exited as I shutdown my laptop to leave work. I set up my laptop at home, everything is (or certainly appears to be) normal and almost immediately I start RB, it crashes. I restart it, it crashes again and so on and so on.

I'm getting SO F**KING fed-up with this problem preventing me from being a DJ with the kit I've made a MASSIVE investment in! It is stopping earning a living and damaging my livelyhood. I can burn stuff to CD and cope that way but Why the Hell should I have to??!! I suffered for weeks on end being unable to use RB to even dump files / database info to USB 'Plan-B' stick which purchased specificly for the purpose; I thought this release addressed the commonly experienced crashing issues so many have had - Has It Hell!!

Once agian I'm Ranting with my volume at 11 about the fact that £10,000's worth of kit (CDJ2000's & DJM2000 with top end cables, coffin case etc. and £5000 spent on laptop and all manor of accesory hardware) purchased to rid me of the wo's of past hardware insufficiencies is all ready to go and the whole lot's all but useless because of the seemingly POXY free software that SHOULD help me co-ordinate and master my digital performance.

PLEASE PLEASE - I am sick and tired of this JOKE of a situation constantlly biting me in the arse.

I Need help Desperately trying to resolse this BIg problem and Pioneer ...

WEE WANT ANSWERS!!!

Sun-E

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

32 commentaires

I haven't had time to test the latest version, but I feel your pain, mate.  The last version bit me twice hard and basically ruined one gig for me completely, and another partially.  If what you're saying is true (that the latest version is crud), then that just sucks.  Like you, I've dropped serious coin with Pioneer (pair of 2000s, both new mixers, SDJ08's, etc…) and it's high time that Pioneer step up to the plate and take its responsibility seriously to deliver a basic, functioning piece of software.  It's truly unbelievable that RB cannot even be relied upon for the most basic of functions.  I've never used link, and my music collection is pristine and organized.  All I want is to be able to transfer my damn tracks to a USB stick and get on with it.  Rekordbox has been the bane of my musical existence for almost 2 whole years.  Put me on a plane to Japan… I will personally manage the project, design the interface and do it all with a smile on my face. I am dead serious.  Somebody please… end this madness.

Warth 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Mine works ok, but I only have a few thousand tracks (Mac OS Lion)

n1ck76 0 votes

Yeah I agree Totally. I'm PRINCE2 qualified in to manage multi focus multi million pound projects and I could put a good team to developing RB as a stable product. I just wish Pio would dedicate resource enough to this screw up to stop this ridiculous crap. It's more than grounds enough for legal action under the Trade Description act!

If anyone else has had the unfortunate experience of being crippled by RB 1518 crashing, I'd love to know. Gathering as broad an impression as possible will help to accert this problem properly with Pioneer

Sun-E 0 votes

An update for the onbserving world:

I've come home after leaving RB analysing for several hours and this time it seems to have remained running - Nothing bears down on your nerves during a perormance more than the distrust of your kit

Vniyl doesn't do this!!!

Sun-E 0 votes

@Sun-E > I'll be sending you an email to get some info.

Pulse 0 votes

Message Body

@Pulse - I actually DJ with Sun-E. To that end, the music collections we run are virtually identical. To that end, we're running very similar spec laptops, but I've had A LOT less issues with RB than he has.

There is something however that may give food for thought on this subject:

Whenever I've had a crash, I've disconnected my external, portable, eSata powered 1Tb hard drive, restarted RB, and re-attached the hard drive. This normally resolves the issue.  However, notably, Sun-E runs his collection from his INTERNAL hard drive. Naturally when experiencing a crash, he doesn't have the option to remove the hard drive.

I've downloaded 1.5.1.8, but have yet to do any testing (will be doing this tonight jointly with Sun-E). Will naturally feedback any issues.

Not sure if the above sheds any light, or is in fact an inherent issue that will give the Pioneer team something to work with. But here's hoping!!

On a cheeky note.... we'd both be able to accommodate a Pioneer funded trip to Japan if that would help the engineers...... ;-)

shortSTACK 0 votes

Sorry, not sure where that "Message Body" bit came from.....!

shortSTACK 0 votes

Crash overhere. Pulse can you help? I start the program but i can't see the window of rekordbox.

appel28 0 votes

@Pulse - not sure if you're with me on this one, but not saying that I've got a problem. Just wanted to explain the difference between myself and Sun-E, and saying that because I've got an external hard drive, I haven't had any problems as yet. I'm about to test 1.5.1.8 shortly, and see how things go, but expecting it to be fine, as it has been for me up until now.

Just wondering if the external/internal hard drive thing is what is crashing RB for Sun-E? Is RB not liking already being connected to the database when the programme is started potentially?

Either way, will feed back to you shortly on 1.5.1.8 once I've done a few mixes and had a play.

shortSTACK 0 votes

@shortSTACK > Yes, I understand -- but what I meant was if you were to try it out and see how it works for you.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse - ahhhh, sorry. Just checking! Lol. Well, so far, so good. I've had no errors, search speed seems to be improved, dragging and dropping onto the Link with speed.

Sun-E has had one E-8302 error so far however. At present, we're blaming it on analysing at the same time as playing. Doesn't seem to like the amount of processing it's having to do.

shortSTACK 0 votes

I have the same Problem, that Rekordbox crashes all the time i want to open it. So i read the Thread

"- Rekordbox crashes on startup and you have nothing else connected to your computer

It could be that your database is corrupted or damaged and you need to try loading the backup database. Ensure Rekordbox is closed and find your database in the following location:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Vista: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

Restart Rekordbox and see if it opens. If it does, the main database was corrupted and the backup was working okay.

If it does not open, go back and rename ALL of the datafile files in that folder to .old and restart Rekordbox once more. If it does load, both the original and backup database were corrupted and you will have to re-import your songs once more."

It worked, i can reimport the database and i can work with it. But this is just a one-time fix. When i close RB and reopen it, it's crashing again befor it starts up.

I will not scan all my music again (approx. 21.000 Songs) i did this already 2 Times with RB and it takes a lot - lot -lot of time!

Further i have the problem, that RB is very slow in searching a specific song. Just compared with VDJ-Pro (any version of it).

In this case i can not work with my CDJ-900 in the way that it should, it's frustrating and not futuristic or pro-DJ like.

Jan Schmidt 0 votes

Further i have the problem, that RB is very slow in searching a specific song. Just compared with VDJ-Pro (any version of it).

and compared to every other music software out there, I complain about the searching all the time in rekordbox, LOL

BriChi 0 votes

forgot to quote ya, this was supposed to be a quote from Jan

""""""""""""""""Further i have the problem, that RB is very slow in searching a specific song. Just compared with VDJ-Pro (any version of it).""""""""""""

BriChi 0 votes

I agree Sun-E, and I feel your pain.  After all the money we spend on Pioneer equipment we should be able to use everything without any concerns. I have yet to perform Live using RB.  And I don't intent to use it Live until all the bugs are fixed. ***Attention Pioneer how do I explain to a client that paid me $1500 for me to DJ her wedding, and the music stops during the party because RB crashes. Please contact Native Instruments or Serato and get some help :)  just a thought.

DecoDJs 0 votes

The new RB version: Pioneer Traktor Rekordbox 1.6.0 ????

DJ Sitar 0 votes

@iamel > How do you explain to a client that paid you $1500 for her wedding that you weren't prepared with a backup source?

Pulse 0 votes

@iamel > How do you explain to a client that paid you $1500 for her wedding that you weren't prepared with a backup source?

@ pulse > he shouldnt have to thats the point.** - **this shouldnt even be a discussion.. the software is getting worse instead of better

Nick Hilton 0 votes

I've had other software crash too -- just sayin'.

Pulse 0 votes

I've had other software crash too -- just sayin'.

That really doesnt help........ talking of help i have been asking for help since the 25th of sept and no one really helps.

I know pioneer have stuck a rocket up mixvibes ass as the mixvibes man told me at the bpm show i just hope things improve.

before it was just unstable now 9 times out of 10 it doesnt even get the chance to be unstable as it crashes at the first hurdle.

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20472357-rekorbbox-crashing

at thread starter sorry to take over  ... its been a bad day and pulses response just isnt good enough and is unprofessional .. (nothing prsonal pulse)

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Pulse> I guess all I can say to the client is sorry, the software that I'm using "RB" was released to the public without extensive testing, and return her money, and look like a fool, and lose money, and so on and so on.... The bottom line is that Native Instruments software costs a third of what a CDJ2000 player costs. So we should expect as close to 99% reliability as possible. I'm sure you agree that RB is nowhere near that.  And to answer your question I do have a back-up good old reliable CD's.

DecoDJs 0 votes

@iamel > I'm a working DJ as well and regardless of the system I'm working on or how much I paid for it, I ALWAYS have a backup source ready to hit play at any moment.  Not in the car, not at home, at the gig, setup and waiting.  I have had software AND hardware fail, and I know that the bride and groom couldn't care less, they just don't want any hiccups in their evening -- which is why I get hired.  

I'm not trying to make excuses for the Rekordbox software, I know it needs improvements, which is one of the reasons I'm here to help people solve their issues, report troubles to the engineers and help make improvements for future releases.  I'm sorry to hear that you had a failure during a clutch moment, but I did note that you haven't posted a thread for help specific to your problem, so I can only assume you've either attributed it to a one-time crash or haven't yet sought assistance.

@Pionix > I'm sorry your thread was missed - I've been in and out of town quite a bit for work (both Pioneer events and my own work) but I do try to read and respond to every thread (if Gavin or Jay haven't already done so), but especially with Rekordbox related posts.  I see you're having issues on boot of the software; I'll be contacting you by email for more info.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah I have loaded my tracks 3 times thinking it was my music.  Why does this keep happening? 

Bradyhancock 0 votes

@Brady > Welcome to the thread... but please start your own thread so we can properly assist you.   Read this thread then post a new thread if nothing therein helps you.  Thanks!

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse I did all that stuff it says. I guess I should have said "I thought these updates would fix the problem so it didn't keep happening" instead of "why does this keep happening"

Bradyhancock 0 votes

@pulse I did all that stuff it says. I guess I should have said "I thought these updates would fix the problem so it didn't keep happening" instead of "why does this keep happening"

Bradyhancock 0 votes

Please post a new thread with the info requested so I can properly assist you.

Pulse 0 votes

I also have the same issue ..and did re-install everything even after loading the tracks again it stops and no startup possible..

Can someone tell me where to find the older version 1.4.9 as that one was working fine...damn why did i upgrade :-( lost all of my 38000 tracks

takes a lot of time to re-do or my back-up file EDB could work if i have the older version.

Hans Smit 0 votes