Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

9 abonnés S’abonner

Apple Lossless Support for Rekordbox

Hello,

since I am a Mac user and use iTunes I would like to use my Apple Lossless files for rekordbox. Wav files don't support enough metadata and iTunes only Supports Apple Lossless as the only lossless format.

Is it possible to support it in the next versions?

Thanks!

Fabian Arndt

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Good idea! I have suggested full support for apple aiff coverart and metadata myself, because its now possible to by this format on Beatport.

TouchDown 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Fabian You can use AIFF files (that's what I do) but you have to add the coverart manually in rekordbox... :( 

It's easy to convert ALAC or WAV to AIFF in iTunes.

oakstream 0 votes

Since i got much of my library in apple lossless i would also like support for it in rekordbox.

It's really a great format. 

Martin Beijer 0 votes

Don't hold your breath.  Just convert to AIFF, and in the future only purchase AIFF files.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

As Apple released their Apple Lossless codec as public domain nearly 3 years ago, there isn't any reason to NOT support it.  There isn't any royalty cost for the codec.

As every DJ software I've used recently supports Apple Lossless there shouldn't be any reason why Rekordbox shouldn't make the move and join Traktor, Torq, Cross DJ, MegaSeg, and many other DJ applications in supporting this codec.

I get tracks from Promo Only in Apple Lossless, I rip my CDs in Apple Lossless - it's a great codec with lots of flexibility in terms of support, tagging, etc.

Ed Spencer 0 votes

I have 1 album i bought and it has loaded up 5 songs from it and the rest no way i have no clue all bought from i tunes and i have bought a few on the same day as this one and all went into fine auto 

Jason Prosser 0 votes

Its about time you supported ALAC. The whole world uses iTunes and it is a big hassle converting tracks just so they play on Pioneer gear, and having doubles of all of your tracks.

Sample 0 votes

Would be great if my new XDJ's would be able to play the ALAC, or any other code. Or until then that Rekordbox would automatically convert them to AAC or other usable formats. Over the years DJ's have collected so many different formats, it's a hassle to sort them an individually convert them.... It would make life just a little bit easier!!

Mr. Swift 0 votes