Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

rekordBox 1.5.2 crashes on startup

Hello,

I was told to start my own thread so here it is per request by the moderators

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version:  1.5.2

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: DJM2000 or make/model of network hardware

4b) Using with CDJs*:Yes (CDJ-900 and CDJ-2000)

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: Computer Hard Drive-NTFS  USB Drive-FAT32

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Other

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
:Yes

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
:Yes

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: "RekordBox.exe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution."  "RekordBox.exe has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop woriking correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: No

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes (each time I click the program icon)

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
:

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

I followed the first thread that I responded to pretty closely.  I did the fix action with xmmp3val.  It did fix rekordBox for use for one day.  It has returned to the same issue of crashing consistently at startup .  The recordBox logo comes up, and then it notifies that it has crashed each time.  There are no new tracks added to the database as it started the crashing before any more could be added.  My database consists of approximately 16000 tracks.  My Windows XP machine is running 1.5.2 like a champ, so I am not dead in the water.  However, if I choose to use my laptop for a gig like rekordBox advertises, I feel this would be a trainwreck waiting to be watched.  Please assist me as soon as you possibly can.  I can take phone calls or will allow for remote assistance if you wish to go that avenue.  Thank you!

Tim Sorel

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

@Tim > Could you go back and try reverting to the backup database:

Rekordbox crashes on startup and you have nothing else connected to your computer

It could be that your database is corrupted or damaged and you need to try loading the backup database. Ensure Rekordbox is closed and find your database in the following location:

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

Restart Rekordbox and see if it opens. If it does, the main database was corrupted and the backup was working okay.

If it does not open, go back and rename ALL of the datafile files in that folder to .old and restart Rekordbox once more. If it does load, both the original and backup database were corrupted and you will have to re-import your songs once more.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

First thing, the above action is stated in the Readme Thread you pointed me towards, so that was done before I posted my thread per your request.  Second thing, I changed all .edb files to old, and rekordBox opened.  So, do I have to do this each time I load my tracks?  I do not have time to let my computer reanalyize 16,000 tracks every time the database crashes.  This does not solve my problem.  It only brings me back to square one which means another 16 hours of rekordBox analyizing tracks.  I have a strange feeling this will happen again as I have had this problem twice already.  Please work on a solution that does not make me waste another 16 hours of my computer's running life redundantly doing what your older versions of your program did on the first run.  Thank you!

Tim Sorel 0 votes

@Tim > I understand that you already tried it, but I wanted to confirm what you had previously said -- and what I thought -- which was there seems to be a problem with one or more of your tracks importing.

When you restore the database using that process outlined above, you're effectively putting it back to the last working state, and it crashes after you import because there's a conflict with the incoming tracks being written to the database.  To narrow the problem down you'll need to import small batches of files; try 10-20 at a time and let them analyze before importing new ones.  You can see the analysis process in the orange bar at the leftmost column.  If you can figure out which track(s) cause(s) rekordbox to crash, please attach them here and we'll take a look.

Pulse 0 votes