Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Using same HDD on Windows pc and Macbook pro laptop?

Dear All,

I am the proud owner of two CDJ2000 and one DJM900 which I've been able to connect to my new macbookpro laptop easily.

Now I have all my songs (and playlists) on a Transcend 500G portable Hard Drive.

The hard drive contain also my playlists. I see the playlists when I plug the HD directly to my cdjs, I also see the playlists when pluged into my MAC laptop with Rekordbox turned on.

Please note that the playlists were made on my pc running Windows.

I have already reload all the songs on the Rekordbox installed on the laptop and all songs have been analysed with Quantize on.

Now how can I send the playlists that are on the portable hard disc to the Rekordbox playlist grid? This should be possible since all the songs and playlist are in the same place (that is in the portable hard disc)

Please note that I have made more that 75 playlists with more that 100 songs in most of the playlists.

Dear Pioneer, please help me ASAP so that I can use my gear to its best.

Awaiting your reply desperately,

Yours Faithfully,

Prakash Samputh

You may as well email me : prakashsamputh@intnet.mu

Sumputh

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

One more thing, I did not use itune at any moment. All songs are on HDD. All playlists are also saved on same HDD.

Sumputh 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

One more thing, I did not use itune at any moment. All songs are on HDD. All playlists are also saved on same HDD.

Sumputh 0 votes

Really? You bumped your own post after only 70 minutes?

Pulse 0 votes

@Sumputh > The problem there is you're trying to migrate from one OS to the other and Windows and Mac don't treat folder paths the same... just as an example:

7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

See how Windows goes with a backslash \ and Mac uses a forward slash / ??

That's going to be a problem for you right off the bat.

I'm in the process of testing some new migration instructions, hopefully something there will help the cross-platform problem.

Pulse 0 votes

Dear Pulse,

Thanks for your post.

That's too bad! Guess I'll need some strong coffee for the nights to come in order to build all the playlists again!!!

Anyway, I really hope you guys will find a prompt solution to this problem.

I thank you for your help and precious time.

Best Regards

Prakash Sumputh

Sumputh 0 votes