Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

sorting you music into folders playlists

just a quick one my collection is getting a bit messy now just wondering how everybody sorts there collections out and do you all tag info to the files if so is there a way of auto tagging year and genre as cannot be bothered going through my hole collection haha.

cheers

guys

gaz

gareth whyte

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

For organizing, I just do it like folder/directories on a winxp or linux box, add folders for year and work in progress:

- balearic beats

- techo

- Funky house

- Jan mix

Work In progress:

- Fashion show

-  - Ambience

-  - Day

-  - Night

- competition

I put playlists into the year folder once its complete or I have played/mixed it, other stuff goes into Work in progress. I haven't started tagging stuff yet, not quite sure what you mean. Year and genre can be sorted in the list pane, then you can select all and copy to a playlist if you wanted?

Tony Higgins 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

cheers for the reply, what i meant was some of the tracks I have dont have a year or genre and need to be updated is there a way of doing this withough going through all my tracks manually,

I have mine setup by year at the moment just looking for new ways to organise it all finding it hard to pick out tracks at moment as got quite a few to choose from

gareth whyte 0 votes

got the same setup as you tony long them haha, you got any tips and tricks that you like to use on them?

gareth whyte 0 votes

Hmm not sure about updating missing tags all at once, I sometimes use mp3tag, its possible with that, not sure how others feel about it.

Take a look at it :)

Cheers

Tony

Tony Higgins 0 votes

I am not certain that I understand the original question, but if you need to add the year to a group of tracks at once, you can do this in Rekordbox.

Simply highlight the first track and then either hold CTRL and click all of the other tracks which need the same year, or you can select a continuous group by clicking the first and then holding SHIFT and clicking the last.

Once you select all of the tracks for updating, you use the info tab and type in the year into the Year field.  It will update all of those tags at once.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

As for the folder organization, this is what I do:

Music Folder

-  Genre (Folder)

• Year Released (Folder)
    • - Month Released (Folder)
    • - -  Files  (Name Structure as follows)   Artist - Title (Remix) [Label] - Key - BPM

So I have a Music Folder, and then inside the Music Folder I have several Genre Folders.

Inside the Genre Folders I have Year folders.

Inside the Year folders, I have Month folders.

Then I have my track files.  I have always used WAV or AIFF files, and since there was no native tagging with WAV, I always made sure to put Artist, Title, Remix and Label into the full file name.  This is a process I still follow today.

I love my organization system, but the one little drawback with Rekordbox is that if you move your files around you must relocate the files.  Unfortunately, my folder structure means that relocating the files in Rekordbox is more work.  You see, Rekordbox does not allow relocation of files across subfolders.  So this means I must manually relocate each file in the subfolders, rather than just selecting the Music folder and letting the program quickly find the relocated tracks.  I think this should be a feature request, actually.

Fuse Promote 0 votes