Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Using Rekord Box + CDJ2000 Lan

Hello,

Does anyone use or recommend using record box via link with computer?

Lames terms... Using it like Traktor or serato Scratch? or is it more of a setup, organize, tag etc?

Thanks n advance!

Urban Kris

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

it's the only way I use my cdj's now, I used to use serato for years but now with RB, there is no need

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@BriChi...

Thank you for your response! If you don't mind me asking...

1. Do you use a ethernet switcher/hub? If so any issues?

2. Any advice on the best way to use it.

3. Are you scrolling through the cdj's to find tracks or just search RB, Drag and drop?

Thanks for your help!

Urban Kris 0 votes
  1. Yes, a Linksys 5 port switch, works great, no issues

2. I have all my playlists setup the exact same way I did in serato so it was easy to use. I have all my tracks color labeled that I use and thats how i sort when I go into each list via the cdj

3. 99% of the party i use the cdj, I only reach for the laptop if I have to do a quick search and drop the track via a keyboard shortcut

BriChi 0 votes

@BriChi

Sorry one more question...

In regards to setup via Link & RB do you still need USB? Or can you just connect Ethernet to computer... RCA to mixer or digital cable?

Thanks

Urban Kris 0 votes

no bother man, ask anything you need, Glad to help

you would use ethernet only, no usb and as far as hookup to mixer, i personally use the digital (orange) in/out but you can also use the regular red/white also

BriChi 0 votes

@BriChi

Thank you! I really appreciate your advice and knowledge! I've tried and used Everything!!! Serato, Traktor & most recently I just bought the DDT-S1 because it was so light to setup and breakdown every night but now I'm bored and want my CDJ2000's back in the mix. So as I mentioned I don't use the Serato or Traktor effects regardless (I use my DJM-800) I figured why no get rid of a few cables and deal direct with RB. So here I am.

Have you ever had any issues? Even one? Freeze, dropout, having to restart etc?

Thanks so much!

Urban Kris 0 votes

nothing live, any issues I have had with RB have been during preparation, importing, exporting, etc..... but live, RB really is not doing anything but letting the decks pull music from it so not too much can go wrong live,,, knock on wood

BriChi 0 votes

I use Rekordbox via Link, but I tend to browse with the computer more than using the CDJ player.  The reason I like working this way is because I will plug the headphone jack from my macbook pro into one of the extra channels on the DJ mixer.  This effectively gives me a third preview deck, so I can listen to tracks while 1 track is playing on 1 CDJ and the other CDJ is loaded and beatmatched, ready for the next mix.

Fuse Promote 0 votes