Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Rekordbox 1.5.2.7 refuses to open

I have read the related posts in their entirety.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.8 (latest updated version)

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.2.7

4) Using LINK: No

4a) LINK Connection method

4b) Using with CDJs: No

5-7 do not apply as I haven't gotten the software to even open yet to see a USB drive at all. 

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: a crash log

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

Provide as much detail of the issue here: Just downloaded the software today. Installed it and tried opening it. Crashed. Reopened it about 5 times and crashed every time. Restarted computer, made sure no USB devices were connected at all. Opened program about 5 more times and keeps crashing every time. Something in the log about Crashed Thread: 7.

I'd like to use this software to load songs with BPMs on to a thumb drive. I do setup for a weekly nightclub deal and they let me play some songs before the DJ gets there after setup. I've been using VirtualDJ, so I am used to the BPM loading automatically. The Production manager suggested using the Rekordbox software to "format" my tracks so that when I plug the USB in all the info is ready for the CDJ-2000's to read.

Daniel Heffield

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

@Daniel > I'll send you an email to try and nail down the load-crashing.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Engineers have looked over the info and have asked if you could please try 1.5.3.

Pulse 0 votes

Downloaded and installed 1.5.3 and same problem. It opens as far as the logo screen then crashes. I hit the reopen button on the crash log 5 times in a row and it crashed every time.

Daniel Heffield 0 votes

Crazy thing happened the other day. I have been working for an event company that does lighting and sound for concerts and stuff, and finished the setup for a Chris Lake concert. I figured I would open rekordbox to show one of my friends who has worked extensively with it to show him what it had been doing. So I pulled out the laptop, opened rekordbox and it opened immediately. I was able to enter the registration key and begin working on loading files and exporting them to my thumbdrive. So, it works now. I don't know what changed, but rekordbox opens fine now and works just fine. Thank you for all your help and support!!

Daniel Heffield 0 votes

Were you possibly in a different network situation or different devices connected to the computer than previously?

Pulse 0 votes

When I was at home and it was not opening I had no devices connected to the computer but was connected to the WiFi at my house. When I was at the club, I didn't have a password for the WiFi, and did not have any devices connected. I connected my thumbdrive to the computer after I was able to load Rekordbox.

Daniel Heffield 0 votes

And it works again at home, connected to your wifi, no problems?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes. Playing some tracks right now...

Daniel Heffield 0 votes