Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

[CLOSED] Does rekordbox work with cdj1000 mk3?

Just wondering if Rekordbox is compatible with CDJ1000 mk3 or not?

Thank you :) 

Grant Lansdown

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

7 commentaires

CDJ-2000, CDJ-900, CDJ-850 and CDJ-350 are compatible.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

pioneer is making your expensive kits obsolete. 

Albert-Kader Djehaf 0 votes

the movement in technology from every company makes old cd players obsolete, not just pioneer, the cdj-1000MK3 is over 10 years old, what do expect?

I know I certainly don't expect a 10 year old car to have Siri integration, i don't blame Apple for that, it;s how technology works

BriChi 0 votes

a firmware update maybe.So you could export your cue points, hot cues, beat grid to SD cards that can be read by the 1000 mk3. Your car can be 50 years old, yet you can go to a mechanic and pimping by putting  all the new technologie in your old car. It'll cost you yes. But your can. Also, nowadays obsolescence is planned and pioneer is not different from any other company. "It's because of customers like you, who think, yeah, well my cdjs are still working but hey, they 10y old. let's throw them away and by some new one". 

Albert-Kader Djehaf 0 votes

that I agree with, there should be a way the 1000s can work with cd's burned from RB and use the SD card for memory points but I am sure they are not wasting engineers time/money on 10 year old deck FW anymore. same way any company moves on to the next project and no longer supports previous. I have a tv that no longer gets FW updates and more and more features are added to new tv's, i dont complain though, how else are they suppose to make money

BriChi 0 votes

Wow, 14 months later we're revisiting this topic?!

The worst problem about firmware updates is that everyone now expects we can do all levels of wizardry with old technology. You can't 'firmware update' your Nokia 3210 to run iOS7. It just doesn't work. The CDJ1000MK3s can only read cue point data from the SD cards - it cannot read rekordbox information. The hardware isn't in place.

Gavin 0 votes