Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Rekordbox 1.4.1 to 1.5.3 UPGRADE

I've been using RB1.4.1 since it came out and I'm interested in taking a big leap and upgrading from 1.4.1 directly to 1.5.3

What is the easiest way to upgrade without any problems of losing databases and other data and so forth. Do I just download and unzip and run the executable? Will this write over the existing copy of RB?

I've waited this long because I generally live by the mangtra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". However, there are some features in the newer version of RB I may want to try out.

Thanks

MIKE BILLS ENTERTAINMENT

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

1 commentaire

@Mike > There shouldn't be any loss, but there's no harm in performing a backup of your database (export) prior to updating.  The new version can be installed in parallel, but I don't suggest using the same database with an older version as there are some updates that change the database structure and thus it won't operate properly in an earlier version.  You can have the updater automatically remove the older version as well.  The only other thing to note is that any firewall software you had configured for 1.4.1 will need to be reconfigured for 1.5.3 as each version is installed to a separate directory and is thus treated as a different program when trying to communicate through firewalls.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien