Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Transfer of music

I'm currently processing all my music in Rekord Box from.a 1Tb external USB HD. Once it's completed I will export the playlist to another 1Tb drive formatted to FAT32. I will end up with two 1Tb FAT32 drives one for use on my set and one for back up. My question - Is there a file that transfers with the tracks when I export them that holds cue point , loop and quantize data. There reason for the question is because if it's held in the tags I would have to update each drive as I go through sorting each track. If it's a separate file it would mean just having to replace the old file with the new.
Also, I'm runniing RB 1.5.3 on Win7 32bit Pentium dual core 2.1Ghz 4gb ram but it takes over 4mins to boot up and seems to be getting worse and less stable.. What is, if any, the maximum amount of tracks or capacity RB can handle

Si BooGie

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

I think I've found the answer to the transfer and back up. I've assigned both drives as "S" and I'll install RB on 2 laptops. However, when plugging the drive or any drive for that matter, directly in to a cdj 900 what is it reading to pick up the cue points and quantize data?

Si BooGie 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The waveforms, cue points and other info are stored in a database, not on the ID3 of the file, which is why it exports rather than analyzing in-place.

You can throw as many files as you want at the software.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse so is the data exported with tracks when you export a playlist to a thumb drive?

Si BooGie 0 votes