Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

File Explorer on USB Device does not run smoothly

Hello out there

CPU: AMD Phenom X6 4,2 Ghz 

6GB DDR Ram @ 1666MHZ

Rekordbox 1.5.4

USB Device: On USB 3.0 Port + USB 3.0 Device 16GB

So my problem is, that my Device is nearly full with songs and I would like to manage them and delete some of the tracks using rekordbox (to remove the file physically and from the playlist). The main problem is, that when I'm working on the USB Device under the section "all tracks" and if I want to move up or down the list, than rekordbox always has to preload the next few songs to the memory which causes a lag of 6-10seconds each time I move up or down the list.

Is it possible to fix that problem somehow or is it a known problem?

Thank you

Steve

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

23 commentaires

Can anybody help me with this problem? Thank you!

Steve 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

It could be an issue with that particular USB3 device - there have been a couple of users reporting devices that have either not loaded or communicated slowly.  What is the make / model?

Pulse 0 votes

About 1.100 / 14 GB used of 16GB. But I got this problem since the first 100 songs were exported to the device. 

Looking on the status LED of the Device, it seems that, while scrolling down the "All Tracks" list on the usb device, rekordbox is buffering the list of songs which is displayed on the monitor instead of buffering the entire list and then let the user work on that. 

Steve 0 votes

If I would move down the entire list (and let rekordbox buffer all the tracks to memory, this takes quiet a lot of time - never tried it so far) than I can move up and down the list without lags...

Steve 0 votes

Well, not all USB drives and computers are created equal, but I've submitted this as a ticket for the engineers to take a look at.  If they have any questions, I'll follow-up.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you. If you get an answer for this problem, could you please post it? If I would have to buy a new USB 3.0 device, let me know which one is compatible to RB.

Thank you!

Steve 0 votes

@Steve I have a Western Digital Elements, which has USB3.0 and that works fine on RB and the CDJ2000.

@Pulse on file export to Hard Disk, is it correct that RB does not overwrite exported files even in case I have added cuepoints to the song (on the computer using RB)

DJ BramBo 0 votes

DJ BramBo: You didn't understand me; I've got problems with RekordBox and a USB 3.0 device and not with my CDJs ;)

Steve 0 votes

@Steve > The engineers have asked if you have another USB device (not 3.0) that you could duplicate the USB3 contents to and see if the same thing occurs.  You will either need to clone the drive or make sure you have your hidden folders visible in order to get both the CONTENTS folder and the PIONEER folder transferred.

Pulse 0 votes

@BramBo > Your file isn't overwritten, just the updated data would be exported.

Pulse 0 votes

@Steve I know that you have problems with the USB3.0 and sorry for not interpreting your message incorrectly.  Now reading it again and I have to raise my hand here. I have followed your actions and you are right, I have the same problem when managing the content of the USB Device via RB.

@Pulse The updated data did not transfer to the USB Drive. I had expected that, but did not work when I added the Drive to the CDJ2000 at the booth.

DJ BramBo 0 votes

@KIKI > Same thing applies for you as for @Steve as above.  Please test and report.

Pulse 0 votes

Well, sorry for the late answer, but it took a while to find out the whole thing:

USB DEVICE A = USB 3.0 DEVICE (used the one described above)

USB DEVICE B = USB 2.0 DEVICE (used the one above - sandisk cruzer 16gb)

Way 1: Plug in the USB Device A/B after starting Rekordbox

Result: Buffer problem

Way 2: Plug in the USB Device A/B and start Rekordbox

Result: Same problem

Way 3: Plug in the USB Device A, start rekordbox, plug in Device B

FORMATTING USB DEVICE B

Format settings FAT 32

Way 3.1 Cluster Size 8192 Bytes

Way 3.2 Cluster Size 64kB

COPYING THE WHOLE CONTENT FROM USB A -> USB B

(it took 40 Minutes each time...)

check on rekordbox - open the files explorer and browse trough the file list

!!!!NO PROBLEM for way 3.1 and 3.2!!!!

Plug out device A - checked file explorer on device B

NO PROBLEM

Plug out device B - checked file explorer on device A

NO PROBLEM

**** RESTARTING COMPUTER - BOTH DEVICES PLUGGED OUT ***

Plug in both USB Devices, run Rekordbox

FILE EXPLORER DOES NO RUN SMOOTHLY FOR DEVICE A and B (had several lags and freezes during the buffering)

What I'm testing now is:

RUN REKORDBOX + PLUG IN DEVICE A

waiting now for 5 Minutes, I'll report what happens in 30 minutes!

There were NO PROGRAMS running in the background except the AV Programm (AntiVir PE)

Please let me know, what the Engineers say about my report!

Steve 0 votes

There is no activity of Rekordbox on the device while the device is plugged in, clicking on "all tracks" in rekordbox, the LED of the Device (A,B) blinks for a few seconds, than the list appears on the screen. Moving up and down this list is causing the buffer freezes of rekordbox.

When removing the USB device during this "buffer freeze" of rekordbox, than RB will immediately return to it's functional condition.

Steve 0 votes

@Steve > Sorry, I'm a bit confused as it sounds like you were testing with BOTH USB drives connected. I was simply asking if you had another USB device (which you do; the Sandisk Cruzer 16GB) and duplicate the drive then test with ONLY that one to see if the same thing occurs as with your USB3 device.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry if it was a bit confusing, what I've written:

After copying from device 3.0 to device 2.0 I had both connected and rekordbox running, then I started testing: .Once I connected the USB 2.0 Device and once the USB 3.0 Device. After the copying the data from device 3.0 to device 2.0 the file explorer did work how it should. After rebooting windows and reconnecting only on or both of the devices, the file explorer had his lags again.

Sorry for the late answer!

Steve 0 votes

@Steve > With this testing, we're only interested in the performance of the USB2 drive - not the USB3 device.  Please connect ONLY the USB2 device (which you're telling me is an exact copy of the USB3 drive) and test the performance with ONLY that drive connected.

Pulse 0 votes

Well, I guess the description of my testing was not as good as I thought, sorry again

I did test the USB 2.0 Device connected to the Computer running Rekordbox - there was NO DIFFERENCE between the performance of the USB 3.0 device and the USB 2.0. That means: I did have the lags and freezes for the USB 2.0 device. The content on the USB 2.0 device was the same as on the USB 3.0, as I told you before.

What I discovered during my testing is that: After I’ve copied the whole data from USB 3.0 -> USB 2.0 and still got both of the USB Devices connected to the computer and running Rekordbox in background I realized that there were no lags & freezes present while working with the file explorer of RB on the devices. After a reboot of windows the lags returned (for both devices connected and also for only one device connected). Maybe that fact could help the engineers to understand the problem.

Just let me know if there is something else which is not clear to you!

Steve 0 votes

@Pulse: Any news?

I would like to buy a new USB 3.0 Device, at what should I have a look at? Are the 4k and 512K read / write speeds important for RB?

Steve 0 votes