Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

Artist selection on CDJ shows (unknown)

When I select a track on the CDJ  I have:

Genre

Artist

Key

BPM

Track

From either of those selections if I select for example 'Artist' - it then goes to another tree in the menu called 'unknown"'

If I then select 'unknown' it goes to another tree that has the Artist name.

Again. After I select the Artist name from that point I get to another 'unknown'  if I select that then it goes to the track name.

What category is that? How Do i remove those 'unknown' menu selections?

I have not created any play lists at this time. These are all from the collection using the DJ link feature.

However I have noticed this happen in some respects on USB stick.

I get this if I select starting from BPM, Key or any other.

movingzachb

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

11 commentaires

I know one of them would be the Album field, the other might be the Label.  Try putting some data in there and see what comes up... or delete it all from every entry on your list.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yeah for example. from [ARTISTS] on the CDJ  I have the list of artists. I select: Avus to get to 'Avus - Real - (Original Mix).

Avus shows 'unknown' then i select that I get 'Real - (Original Mix). There is nothing in album. For this track info I have Title, Artist, BPM and Key.  Genre is selected at the bottom nothing else is filled in. So I don't know where Unknown is coming from.

Is this not an active setting perhaps in the preferences?

movingzachb 0 votes

Ok I guess I determined its the 'Album' category. Yet that field was blank! I put 'test; in it and the unknown changed to 'test'. What gives? I don't want it there at all.

movingzachb 0 votes

I'd still like to know why when I make sure that Album Category is blank in the info section on recordbox that it still shows "unknown" is this something required? 

movingzachb 0 votes

You either set the album or it will appear as Unknown; this is just the workflow.

Pulse 0 votes

I guess that means there is no  way to remove that extra listing. It just that it is an extra step that doesn't seem to need to be there.

movingzachb 0 votes

I know, we've had that on the request list since the beginning.  :(

Pulse 0 votes

Based on all the posts from users Pioneer though is definitely not responsible for what the file ID3 Tag information is or how users name there tracks etc . It seems and I assume that the engineers/programmers should already be aware that record box needs to be flexible to accommodate everyone's choices. That and I also think that this should be an easy fix. Only reason I can think of that they haven't made this change since the update is that it might throw off the functionality of the CDJ Interface? I don't know.

movingzachb 0 votes

It certainly is something that can be improved but from what I understand it would require a major change to the database because of the workflow, but who knows, we may see it happen!

Pulse 0 votes

And - I don't want to drag this on and on but this begs the question. when / if this does get fixed.   When I run the update will I have to redo track names all over again or something? I trust I will not  right? I am assuming any fix would remove that 'unknown' selection without me having to re-import my library. At most I would expect only a new export to USB stick sort of deal.

movingzachb 0 votes

I don't have an answer to that at this time -- we'll see if / when it happens.

Pulse 0 votes