Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

1.5.3 Crashed and will not restart

I have a major problem with 1.5.3. It's taken nearly a week to analyse my collection, this is my second attempt.When I first tried RB crashed and wouldn't restart I even uninstalled and re-installed it but that didn't solve the problem. I had to completely uninstall RB and the registry enties to get the new install to boot up. Now it seems I have the same problem. After analysing 30000 tracks and setting cue point on several hundred I don't want to have to do a complete uninstall and loose all that data.. A week with Pioneer and only problems. I paid a premium price for what is looking like a substandard product. Faulty equipment, dodgy software. I beginning to consider getting my money back, buy something cheaper and use the change to go and sit on a beach in the Caribbean for two weeks.

Si BooGie

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

The answer you don't want to hear is that the problem is with the tracks -- but unfortunately, that's likely the case.  Have you ever run your tracks through a scanning software like MP3val?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@Pulse, I did scan all my tracks with MP3val. I was tagging tracks when it crashed. I made a back up of the data base files then followed the instructions. Once I did that RB re-rebooted but without any tracks listed, I then replaced the original files with the backup I made and there were stil no tracks listed. It was like a fresh install.
I have no problems running the tracks in Traktor or ITunes so if they're causing an issue in RB why would that be?
I'm now running them through MP3val again to be double safe. Is there any way to load tracks in RB but not analyse them until I want it done. If not it would be a good option to be able to select tracks to be analysed.
My largest selection is house which is about 900Gb and I have about 500Gb of Reggae/RnB all split in to sub genres so I'm going to work one folder at a times, the largest being about 200Gb.
It was pain converting my vinyl in to digital I thought RB would be a breeze. I want to like my new set up I really do but since my purchase I had so to many problems. However, I've slept since my first post so the frustration level has dropped and I'm determined to iron out the creases. BTW, my replacing cdj should be delivered Monday

Si BooGie 0 votes

A suggestion for RB, if corrupted files cause it to crash can it not be made to highlight problem tracks so they can removed. If it just keeps crashing there's not a lot we can do besides remove the database and start again but without knowing which tracks are the issue it's a royal pain.

Si BooGie 0 votes

The suggestion is already on their list.

We suggest importing the tracks in smaller batches to a) avoid problems with the whole thing crashing with one bad track, and b) make importing a bit quicker.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, I'm on my 3rd attempt with RB and as per your suggestion I'm exporting smaller batches. Not very convienent but I rather do it and not have another crash. One thing I've picked up from the forum is the possible limit on the amount of tracks in a playlist being 1000, so that may have been another mistake on part.
I love the concept of RB but the limitations are incredible and I would've expected a better program from Pioneer, especially after all the promotion they've done for it. I don't think I'm at point where I could use it at a gig or even give it any high recommendations to my friends, which is a pity. One thing I can give a thums up to is you guys for the great service you give
I also notice that some of the tracks I've tagged in RB are not retaining the information.

Si BooGie 0 votes

Guess who's a happy bunny. The replacement deck has come, I'm linked in to Traktor and the sound issues seem to be gone. I figure it may have been the dodgy connection on the faulty deck. Also RB is holding up so far whith the tracks I've loaded. I think I know the problem collection so I'll look in to that at weekend and load it folder by folder. I have one question, if it crashes after loading a particular fold if I move the folder so RB can't locate would that allow RB to start?

Si BooGie 0 votes

Glad to hear things are working better.

The problem with a bad import is the data in the database file can become corrupt.  It doesn't hurt to create an export (backup) but if you look at the instructions in the Read Me thread, you'll see info about finding the hidden Pioneer folder and locating your backup database... that is what's known as the "last good run" database, which allows you to recover should something go cattywompas with the current one.

Pulse 0 votes