Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

initial cue point returns after its position is changed and the new cue point is saved to memory

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.7.3

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.3

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: DJM-900NXS

4b) Using with CDJs: Two CDJ-2000

5) Hard drive HFS+

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX 

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No 

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: (I do it often but not right now, no time before live gig)

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

The initial cue points made by Rekordbox are usually off, starting at the beginning of the file, not the first beat. When I set a new cue point at the first beat, the initial cue point of course disappears. Then I save my new cue point to memory. Everything is fine, but after I do the same with another track or two, and come back to the first track, the initial cue point reappears, so that now I have two cue points which are only a fraction of a beat apart. Why does the initial cue point reappear? It wasn't saved to memory, so I don't understand. Thanks very much for your help.

Tim

Tim Robert

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Are you storing a hot cue or memory point or just putting the track to where you want it and setting a main CUE?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The latter, putting the track to where I want it and setting a main cue

Tim Robert 0 votes

Here's what you should do instead... find the point where you want the cue to be, then set the CUE.  Next, click the MEMORY button and it will store that point.  When you call the track in either the software or on the player, you would then press that bank's button (software) or the CUE/LOOP CALL button (CDJ).

Pulse 0 votes

I should also point out that you'll then see a "CUE" marker in the column to the left side of rekordbox indicating that there is a memory or hot cue stored for that track.

Pulse 0 votes

First of all, thanks for your help, Pulse. But, I'm sorry, I misstated things in my last reply, and actually, I'm doing exactly what you stated, as you'll see from my initial question in the post. I am using the main cue to set my new initial cue point and then saving that new cue point to memory. And yes, " CUE" maker does appear in the column to the left of the track in the Rekordbox Collection list. The problem is that the initial cue set by Rekordbox (when it analyzes the file) is reappearing later, when I come back to the track. So that there are two initial cue points a fraction of a beat apart at the top of the track.

Tim Robert 0 votes

Hey Pulse, just wanted to let you know, as it turns out, when I transfer the tracks via USB drive to the CDJs, my cue points are working by using the call buttons, so I guess it doesn't matter that the original cue point reappears in Rekordbox. Thanks for your help and sorry for any inconvenience. Cheers, Tim

Tim Robert 0 votes