Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

MAC crashed,move to Windows XP, --HOW TO--

Hi to the forum,i make a fast research in the forum but i didnt find a solution to my problem expect this article (http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20658308-migrating-your-rekordbox-database).

MY PROBLEM IS THIS:

my imac crashed,the only good news is that my 2tb hard drive its ok.

now i move on to my old pc with windowsxp, in my old pc i have the recordbox with my mp3 and lists but its old,now i want to load the database from my imac,i already make a back up  before crashed aof my recordbox database.

the only think i will do its to replace all mp3's in the windows xp pc,as i understand the recordbox logic its to take the path of any mp3,how can i import my imac recordbox database to my windows xp recordbox so i can work normal,i know that i must know the drive letter of my 2tb ,so if the windows xp see this drive with other letter that imac then the recordbox will not find any mp3.

any idea????

thanks

Ιθυνων Νους

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

Sorry, but Windows and Mac operating systems work a bit differently in how they store and address files, as such, there is no ability to migrate your library of music from one operating system to the other.  We've asked if the engineers could possibly come up with a solution for this but it's not yet available.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

yes u have right but i think (as i can understand by the logic of a computer) i must make some changes (the path) in my recordbox  database files to my windows file when i will finish....but maybe i am wrong,i will expect the reply from ur engineers.

thnaks for ur support

Ιθυνων Νους 0 votes

It's not just a little, it's a LOT of changes to the path structure, certainly not for the feint of code.

Pulse 0 votes