Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

iTunes & Rekordbox

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes

1) Operating System: OSX 10.7.4

2) OS Type: NOT SURE

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.3

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: NETGEAR 5 PORT 10/100 FAST ETHERNET SWITCH

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes: 2 X CDJ 2000

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: N/A

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: N/A

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: N/A

5c) With what utility did you format the device: N/A

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: N/A

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: N/A

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: N/A

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: NO

I am a heavy user of iTunes so all my music is currently sorted through here. I run background music off my iTunes playlists as they are continuous play.

I have managed to import my music into RekordBox all ok with the iTunes playlists etc all ok, however I realised it would be beneficial to analyse all tracks right?

I dragged all my files into MY COLLECTION within Rekordbox and files were analysing all ok however what about when I update my iTunes collection? How does MY COLLECTION get updated? Do I need to drag and drop all tracks into MY COLLECTION again?

Is there a way to analyse all my iTunes collection without importing it into MY COLLECTION within Rekordbox?

Another MAJOR point I noticed is when searching for a track through the BRIDGE part of  Rekordbox, the program starts to become very glitchy....for instance when typing in a track name in the characters will be very slow to appear....doesn’t affect the sound when playing live but makes me nervous!!!! However when searching in MY COLLECTION no problems what so ever, characters appear instantly.

If somebody could help that would be great as I would like to use Rekordbox as I think it’s a simple and straight forward program which could work well. Myself not using iTunes isn’t really an option.

Resh.

Resh Singh

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

11 commentaires

@Resh > To answer your questions as they were asked...

• Yes, it would be beneficial to analyse all tracks.

• When you update your iTunes collection and you then have new tracks to import, simply take the entire collection (or sort by Date Added in the Bridge and grab only the new files), and dump it to your Collection.  Only new or missing tracks will be added, those already in the Collection are skipped.

• There is no ability to analyse the tracks without importing them into your collection.  Think of that as the "Music" part of iTunes; all your songs are displayed there regardless of what playlists they appear within.

• If you're editing track information in the Bridge window, that's actually editing your iTunes library database, something added as a feature but not part of the original design of the rekordbox software, so no surprise that it's slow.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Many thanks for your quick response. Think I have managed to work it out now.

However I was analysing my music files within rekordbox and the program froze. An error message came up displaying a crash log. I let the program close down and restarted it. Carried on analysing my files without any further problems.

Could I possibly send the crash log which I have managed to dig out from my macbook?

Didnt want any further problems to occour when playing live....

Resh Singh 0 votes

No, don't bother with the crash-log, it won't be terribly useful if it was a one-off crash.  If it happens repeatedly, there are things we can look for, but in the meantime, I'd suggest that perhaps the song it was scanning at the time may be problematic.  If you can locate that particular track and either manually add and re-scan (just that one track), if it crashes again, we know that's the problem, otherwise it may have been a fluke conflict.

Pulse 0 votes

@ Pulse....Ok thanks for the advice..Wouldnt be able to locate that particular track as I was analysing my whole collection and wasnt really watching the screen. When I re-started the program the program continued with the analysis of the tracks. Will keep you informed if anything like this does occour again.

Also I mainly purchase digital tracks now and some of my old collection is on physical CDS. What would you recommend to burn these onto my PC/MACBOOK. In terms of programs and bit rate?

Would Windows Media Player be ok ripping at a bit rate of 320Kps mp3?

Resh Singh 0 votes

@ Pulse...Just to add, would it not be benificial to everyone if corrupt files were marked within the program. This could be very useful and could possibly prevent crashes whilst playing live right?

Resh Singh 0 votes

@Resh > If it continued, it could have simply been a memory error between the software and the computer and you may not see it again.

Ripping them from CD to the computer certainly helps in terms of not carrying around heaps of CDs and makes the tracks easier to find.  I don't suggest WMP; I can't stand that program.  Try using something like EAC or EasyCD-DA.  320K MP3s are the best of the MP3 world, but if you have the space on your hard drives, I would suggest ripping to 16bit/44.4kHz AIFF or WAV files.

Pulse 0 votes

@ Pulse - took your advice and decided to rip a few CDs to the digital format. Thing is when I burn as WAV all the tags don't remain with the song...e.g. No artist name or album title...

I found when ripping as MP3s all the tags remain with the song...

I used ITunes for the rip and wmp...I know you recommend a couple of other program's but was just wandering would this be the same case with those too?

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

WAV cannot hold tags.  AIFF can hold some tags, however.  I would recommend using AIFF instead of WAV if you want to keep some of the tag info.

As for a better ripping software, it will depend on your OS.  Windows or Mac?

There is a great freeware program for PC called Exact Audio Copy.  I have used that for ripping CDs, and I found it quite good.  However, I am on Mac now so I don't think that program works on Mac.  So I have been using Peak Audio 7 for a few years now, and that obviously does a pretty good job.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

@ FUSE > Oh ok...didnt know that about WAV files.....

I use a mac to play my music of but use a PC to rip....

So am I right in saying AIFF is also an uncompressed format and does save some tag info but not all?

Resh Singh 0 votes

AIFF is the Mac version of WAV. It is uncompressed audio. The only difference is that AIFF allows some tags while WAV does not. If you use Mac then I suggest ripping to Aiff

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Hi

Like Resh I use iTunes as my first port of call (used to run Serato with it)... 

All good that the new iTunes trax can be updated into Collection but all the playlist info from iTunes isn't copied across? Do I have to do this manually in Rekordbox?

Thanks

Mosca 0 votes