Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DELETING HOT CUES

Ok so Ive been getting used to using RekordBox with my CDJ 2000'S and theres one thing I cannot figure out. I ll try and explain this as best as I can and hopefully somebody can help me out....

I drag and drop a track ontop of CDJ icon and start playing the song. The song hasnt got any ABC hot cues assigned so whilst the track is playing I start assigning them on the fly.

I then reload that same CDJ with a different tune but when I hit the ABC they return to the previous tracks CUE POINTS which is a good feature, HOWEVER, how do I delete them ABC HOT cues once Im playing a different track? The reasoning behind this would be so I dont hit them accidently.....I'd rather have them blank so if I did hit them nothing would happen.

So far I have figured out they get reset or cleared when CDJ is restarted (power on/off).

Any suggestions?

Resh Singh

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

14 commentaires

you cant, this has been requested in the past to either auto load cues that are set in the loaded track or at least get rid of them when a new track is loaded. i hate they they stick around, i dont know anyone that uses this "feature" of the hot cues staying loaded until new ones are loaded from other tracks, may have been a good idea back with the 1000's, but now now-a-days when these decks are supposed to sway people from DVS that already does all these features and are not on the 2000's

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@BriChi - ahhhh ok...thanks for info....hopefully we can see this in a update in the near future...quick question also...do you find that some cds/cdrs take longer to load on a pioneer cdj 2000?

I had a set of 1000's before these and im pretty sure they used to load alot quicker......

Any thoughts?

Resh Singh 0 votes

couldnt tell ya on that end, i never use cd's with the 2000's, sorry

BriChi 0 votes

No, they're about the same speed -- at least, no different from what I recall.

Pulse 0 votes

@ pulse..was on a gig yesterday and my CDJ 2000 froze whilst I had a cd in there. NOT A HAPPY MAN! Original cd! Only way to function again was to reboot....

Nothing would function...play/pause/skip/change source etc. put the same cd back back after reboot and all is fine. Cant really have this happening! To be honest Im very disapointed! Only been one week since Ive had these!

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

@Resh > Unfortunately that doesn't give me much information or detail as to what you were doing, what happened, how things were setup, the kind of CD it was, etc.  Details please!

Pulse 0 votes

@ Pulse...I inserted an original CD into the CDJ 2000 and tried to browse through the tracks to select the right one. The CDJ just froze....it wouldnt let me select another track via skip button or the knob at the top by the screen, it just wouldnt let me do anything. My CDJ 2000's are linked via a SWITCH connected to a MACBOOK PRO 2011 in order to use with RekordBox software which I switch between from time to time...CDS TO LINK and vice versa. I rebooted the cd player and inserted the exact same cd and went to the track i wanted. All worked fine......

I remembered the CD which I had this problem with and the CDJ as I noted the Model number down. It may be that the CD is at fault as I tried this CD again in the same CDJ and whilst skipping through the tracks the CDJ is freezing on track 2....this time in order to get things working again I ejected the cd (without eject lock on). I tried this CD in the other CDJ and same issue. CDJ would freeze up on track 2. At this point I think the CD is the issue here, I hope but I will keep you posted if anything like this occours again.

Its funny though because my 8 year old HOUSEHOLD Sony CD player manages to play that same CD without any issues. Never had any issues with this CD either on the CDJ 1000's too.

Resh Singh 0 votes

@ Pulse...Just to add, would it not be benificial to everyone if corrupt files were marked within the program. This could be very useful and could possibly prevent crashes whilst playing live right?

Resh Singh 0 votes

@ Pulse...sorry last comment was for another post but still...just a thought... :)

Resh Singh 0 votes

@Resh > Is that a CDR or a commercially pressed CD?  It's likely the CD is the culprit.

As for the corrupt files, we've suggested that idea to the engineers.

Pulse 0 votes

No, no damage....plays fine on a normal household cd player so I find this very weired...

Resh Singh 0 votes

Still, the problem could be the CD - household CD players have much higher tolerances for errors.

Pulse 0 votes