Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Playlist problem

I added all my albums to rekord box I then created a playlist for them, I then highlighted them and went to drag them to the playlist but all I get is RB not responding for a while then RB goes back to normal but no tracks have moved to the playlist, it does work if I move a little at a time, but there's quite a lot of songs 25k, is it because I'm trying to move to much at once.

I'm using 1.5.3

Sheppy

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

22 commentaires

Welcome to RBX,

My advice is to do it slowly and make sure you make lots of backups along the way,

it will take ages, 25000 tunes is a lot of info to process and rbx has never been a workhorse.

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Were you trying to move all 25,000 at once?  If so, you've surpassed the playlist limit of 1000 songs, twenty-five times.  ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Ok didn't realise there was a limit on how big a play list could be.

Sheppy 0 votes

You could have all those files in your collection, but what's the intention of having all the files of your collection in a playlist?

Pulse 0 votes

in all fairness i have master playlists by genre

The 1000 rule only cuts in upon export as my master oldskool playlist has 25000 tunes in it alone,

the problem as i understand the thread starter is that rbx is sluggish and freezes up when it is asked to do anything that requires a little grunt and generally doesn't cope well under pressure.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

ps i never export these master playlist files i only use them to create new playlists from.

i have master playlists for House / Garage / Oldskool / Breaks / DnB / Etc

Nick Hilton 0 votes

The good thing there is you don't need playlists by genre because you can sort / filter by genre.

Pulse 0 votes

providing i have taken the time to tag it all and make sure its correct. ;) (which generally i dont)

its as long as it is wide really when i get new stuff i just add it to the genre specific master and its own playlist that is date stamped,

Nick Hilton 0 votes

I have playlists for different genres of dance but these are single tune,s I was wanting my full albums (rock, folk, pop, etc in one playlist.

Sheppy 0 votes

Go for it just take your time.

it should work fine.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Ok 1k it is, could you explain what pionix means with this please as I'm a bit dim ;)

The 1000 rule only cuts in upon export as my master oldskool playlist has 25000 tunes in it alone,

Sheppy 0 votes

if you are creating playlists in rekordbox only to use within rekordbox then you can put in over 1k,

If you create this playlist with over 1k of tracks then you will not be able to export it to an external media (usb / sd)

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Im not trying to export them to a external drive, this is within RB.

Sheppy 0 votes

So back to my original question why isnt it working then? Is it too much at once.

Sheppy 0 votes

yes,

As per my earlier post.

Go for it just take your time.

it should work fine.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Yeah, likely the case -- try smaller chunks and just note where you get to.  Don't worry about duplicates, it won't import them.

Pulse 0 votes

My time is in very short supply, 1 click and drag would've been quicker, lol

Sheppy 0 votes

I understand, but since there's a problem with something, the solution is to break it down.

Pulse 0 votes

LoL best crack on then now we have helped answer your questions ;)

Nick Hilton 0 votes