Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Overall collection increasing with each play list

As I make playlist it increases the collection counter as though RB is reading the playlist as part of the whole collection. So this has made me want to ask the following: Onece I have all my tracks in playlist can I delete the main collection and still have usable playlist? The more the collection goes up the slower RB seems to get.

Si BooGie

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

no, the collection is any music added to RB, songs in playlist are just reading from the main collection files so don't think it is doubling up the music, think of a playlist as a shortcut to the main collection file

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

BriChi is right, the Collection is the main list of all your tracks.  Playlists are just an easy way to manage, group and list your tracks.  If you delete tracks from Collection, they will not be available to play until you add them to the Collection again.

Mark90 0 votes

Thanks for the response I figure it was the case but I thought I'd double check. I still don't understand why the collection count is going up every time I create a new play list. I have aroound 69000 tracks but after creating play list the count is showing over 100,000

Si BooGie 0 votes

Uhm, it's not happening to me.  How are you making your playlists?  List out the process step-by-step.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > All I'm doing is highlighting tracks in the main collection, right clicking to bring up the menu and selecting add to playlist.
I have playlist folders for each genre and within the folder I create a collection playlist which holds all the collection for that particular genre. I use this as the work in progress list. I then have other playlist in the folder which are use to categorise the music in to types. eg folder(Soulful House) > playlist(Soulfful house to sort), playlist(Vocals), playlist(Sax break) , playlist(Piano break).
As I sort through the main "to sort" playlist the tracks are added to one of the playlist and deleted from "to sort"

I'm not at home but just had a thought. I don't think I've bridged with ITunes but if I did would this double up the collection?

Si BooGie 0 votes