Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

initial cue in

Hi guys first time rekordbox user here. I do not own cdj2000's. I just play on them. as of recently i just bring my cd's when i play at certain spots that have the 2000,s. No big deal. im a serato user  and other places i play use turntables. 

now i wanted to try out this usb thing. i have searched and watched tutorials. i understand i need to format my 16g stick to a fat32 for the cdj's to read it. Setting up hot cue points in rekordbox is very easy. loops etc. the main problem i have is the initial cue point. Lots of times it way off. so i line it up, right click and set cue in here. Then i see everyone says to select the memory button. And i do that i isee one slot go to red. 

Now where im lost is they say when you get to the cdj to recall the memory? what does that mean? do i have to do this for each song i pick? please bare in mind im new to using the screen and additional buttons on the cdj2000. im used to the good old pop the cd in and the AUTOCUE takes you right to the first beat. very simple.

What im wondering is is it not that simple with usb cue in point? i cant just pop in my thumb drive load up the song and hit cue? i have to do some extra steps just to get to the first beat? if so i can you talk  me through this real quick cause im not understanding. and if this is the case why all the extra software steps if its not as easy as when you load a cd and autocue jumps to first beat. It should be like that one usb too. 

Thanks for the help guys, i wanna try to use my usb first time tomorrow night. 

davin massengale

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I would like to see a good reply as well. But yes you can pop in a USB stick and cue up a track just the same.

movingzachb 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I think that they designed the steps in the software to allow you to set the beats properly due to the possibility that the 'algorithm' can be incorrect.  Watch from 2:50 min in on this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U4dZCM1FDs.  But I think they made some changes in the newer version of Recordbox.

movingzachb 0 votes

The way the 2000's (and other CDJs) work is that if Auto-Cue is set, they'll automatically cue to where a certain level of audio begins.  This is the 1st beat 9 times out of 10.

Once you've set your cues in RecordBox, when you load your track into the CDJ-2000 from your USB, these cue points are loaded automatically (you should be able to see them on the display), but the CDJ will not jump to the first one, it will jump to the auto-cue point (if Auto-Cue is turned on).

You can cycle between your cue points instantly by pressing the Call buttons which are at the top right of the jog wheel.

If you have set Hot Cue points (the three A B C buttons on the left), you have to load these manually when you load a track by holding down the Rec/Call button.  Don't forget to preview each Hot Cue in the headphones as it takes a tiny moment to load each one the first time you play them, they are instant thereafter.

Mark90 0 votes

ok guys here are my initial feelings and thoughts on using the usb stick. Sat night was my first night. 1. the autocue feature seemed to work fine with usb. all my songs started off at the first sound/beat. i was very pleased with this. HOWEVER... somethings that did not work bugged me and the guy who uses rekordbox all time.

when i loaded all my songs into rb, i analised, and then i made a playlist. i exported this playlist to my usb. the playlist showed up just fine on the cdj. but a couple of songs where missing. Also all my hotcues that i had save... did not show up on the waveform. and speaking of the waveform. It DID NOT load up when i loaded the usb. it only loaded as the song played. Now im sure this is user error. Just wondering what i could of done wrong. I was kinda disappointed since i did setup a lot of hot cue points and couldnt use them. also the waveform thing bugged me too. 

the bpm counter (that i really dont use) also took a minute or two to load up... kinda weird. so lemme know what you think i did wrong guys. 

davin massengale 0 votes

@davin > Are you sure you were playing the rekordbox exported content when the waveform / BPM didn't load for the song?  If you were browsing the files directly, I would expect that to happen as they're not exported tracks and there is no rekordbox data to go with them.

Pulse 0 votes

heres what i did. 

i saved all my cue points with the memory button for all songs analised in rekordbox. then i sent all my tracks to a playlist that i named after-hours, i then exported this playlist. 

wheni got to the cdj i plugged in the usb. clicked usb, and the i browsed to the category playlist, then to my named folder after-hours. all my songs where there except two.... and none of the waveforms or hot cues loaded. can you tell me if i did something wrong in the process?

davin massengale 0 votes