Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox crashes everytime on my Mac

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes

1) Operating System: OSX 10.7 Lion

2) OS Type: 10.7.4

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.3

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: n/a

4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes, cdj900

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: USB flash drive Lexar 32gb

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: n/a

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: n/a

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: n/a

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: Files are fine

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Error message and crash log

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: n/a

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
:

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

I have been troubleshooting this for over 10 hours so I think it's time to call the forum in. 

The problem is that I cannot get files from either iTunes or from a folder on my Mac desktop to import into Rekordbox 1.5.3 without crashing.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the program several times including clearing the preference files. 

The music files are fine, I bought them on iTunes and burn them successfully to a cd. They work fine in iTunes too. 

I haven't even gotten to the part where I insert my usb stick yet. 

Yes, like the other post regarding this problem, the entire Rekordbox library is empty. Just importing one file causes it to crash. Sorry, but I haven't come across such crappy software in over a decade using a mac.

Is there another program that I can use to get organized music files to play on Pioneer cdj900's or 2000's?

Hen

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

Your music files are not fine. iTunes files are copyright protected and can't be used in most software. You have to burn them to CD and reimport as mp3 or wav to get around this.

Phil 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

You are kidding me, of course. Apple has some sort of encoding. Well, thanks for clearing that up, and I was blaming the software the whole time. I'm sorry Pioneer forum for my awful rant. No wonder the previous files with music from Beatport worked. 

Hen 0 votes

Ok, I just imported a Beatport track and it crashed too. When I meant previous in the above sentence, this was a year ago. I just tried again and it crashes as soon as a song is imported. Can you help troubleshoot? 

Hen 0 votes

@Hen > Are you still having the problem importing Beatport tracks?  If so, could I email you instructions on sending over your rekordbox database?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse, thanks for answering, yes I am and thanks for responding. iTunes and beatport tracks immediately make the program crash. I can give you more details if you require. My email is hhm03@mac.com

Thanks!

Henry

Hen 0 votes

For what it's worth... I'm using music files from iTunes without any problems in rekordbox. iTunes files are not DRM protected anymore, old DRM protected files have the .m4p extension (p for protected). m4a files works fine.

oakstream 0 votes

Hi guys....

I have on 2 systems intalled RB. One is a W7 system and the other one  MacBook Pro. About a few weeks ago I updated on the windows system from 1.5.3 to 1.6.2. In the meantime I played several times with my windows system ans determine no problems. Now....the day before yesterday I updated RB on my MAc........but you already can gues........after the installation and immediately testing  this out  RB crashed. Well ok.....can happen......restarted RB and then it went fine for a few hours. Today....preparing my set for tonight,  I am playing with the mac, and it crashed again.

Just while I was dragging a track in my playlist. 

Ollever Buschan 0 votes

@Ollever > Have you since updated both your systems to 2.0.1? Have you had any issues since?

Gavin 0 votes

I am having the same problem with 2.0.1 If I use the 1.2.0 it works fine without crashing. and I have uninstalled 1.2.0 completely before installing 2.0.1 

Mike Wardwell 0 votes

i'm having the same problem with 1.4.1 and 2.0.1 sucks cause it will crash before i can even adjust anything to try to adjust. Gives me about 5 seconds and crashes

Adam Dj-Paz 0 votes

An update to rekordbox is coming very shortly. I apologise for the inconvenience you've had with 2.0.1. I'm sure this will be rectified in the next update.

Gavin 0 votes

An update to rekordbox is coming very shortly. I apologise for the inconvenience you've had with 2.0.1. I'm sure this will be rectified in the next update.

Gavin 0 votes

Same here....on both my Macbooks .. one running MacOS 10.7, the other 10.6. Rekordbox crashes when I try to open any track. It doesn't matter what track it is and it doesn't matter if I open it through the iTunes bridge or the built-in collection. I would like to switch to rekordbox workflow, but at the moment it's impossible...it just doesn't work, at all.

Rens De Nobel 0 votes

I got 2.0.2 on my Mac running on os snow leopard. I often experience problems when bridging with itunes and trying to drag tracks to my device. Rekord box simply freezes and i have to restart. Very often i experience that rekord box transfer some of the files i have chosen to transfer to my device.

Also it could be a good idea if rekord box uses the added dates from itunes instead writing new dates. it´s a problem when you want to build a new usb stick with new and old tracks. you wont be able to sort them by date as rekordbox just write the same date on all tracks.

Tommy Scott 0 votes

Happening to me on 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.  How do you download 1.2?  This is completely unacceptable.

Alexander Zaki 0 votes