Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox 1.6.1

Hi , I posted a comment about a problem im having with the new version of Rekordbox 1.6.1 yesterday on a thread and it has suddenly vanished, Im a bit lost here. Rekordbox updated itself yesterday but there is no mention of a new release anywhere. Has there being a mistake that it shouldn't have being released?

djsd

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

22 commentaires

if you're going to post this, why not pst the issue too? lol

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

lol true:) Basically I have a macbook pro running osx lion 10.7.4, When I try to remove a track from my collection rekorbox crashes.

djsd 0 votes

I have the same problem. Rekordbox updated itself to 1.6.1 (OSX Lion). When I opened it the next day, I got the dialogue box informing me that 1.5.4 is new and only for 4000 users, which is weird since I'm now running 1.6.1

And the application indeed crashes when trying to delete a song from the Collection.

I've searched for release notes on 1.6.1 but these are not found anywhere.

Pioneer, please help us out!

Roberto LR 0 votes

Hey guys! probably another pre-release that was NOT planned cq.. there have been more info like new products, rekordbox and all those thread/topics related where deleted. watch this topic also vanish ;)

My thread was closed with a reason in my mailbox, 'rules: no product rumors' but the thing is THIS is not a RUMOR but an actual fact.. how otherwhise could we have Rekordbox 1.6.1

Jerry Z 0 votes

guys, keep in mind that was probably released by accident and is not a stable version so i doubt Pioneer is going to have answers to help on a version that shouldnt have even been released yet, if it was (what they think) a stable release, it would be posted in the forum and on the RB site for download. 

BriChi 0 votes

Could be BriChi.. or maybe it IS stable but was just released by accident.. anyway I hope they release it in the 'official' way soon so we have our answers on stability and changelog

Jerry Z 0 votes

if it was stable it wouldnt crash on track delete, LOL

BriChi 0 votes

BriChi, with all due respect, but the fact that 1.6.1 is now installed on my Mac and is crashing is not my fault, but Pioneers. Whether accidental or not, Pioneer released it and it would therefore be quite irresponsible if they now refrain from answering our questions on it. They shouldn't run from their responsibility, but simply respond to issues caused by them.

Roberto LR 0 votes

Guys...You know what the answer from pioneer/moderators will be already, this was released by accident, if it is causing you problems uninstall it and re-install the latest released version..also expect this thread to be deleted again

MrChukkel 0 votes

Roberto, I agree 100% BUT it was an accident on there end and you can very easily just open 1.5.3 and use that instead. its like when they publically released 1.5.4 and it had a big flaw, everyone just went back to 1.5.3, no big deal really. 

BriChi 0 votes

and, if your on a mac, it doesnt even delete the previous version so just dont open 1.6, open your previous version that was stable

BriChi 0 votes

you are partially right MrChukkel but surely you must admit Pioneer made a mistake in the first place by (accidentally) releasing it.

I understand the people in this thread just seeking for some answers.

Jack EDM 0 votes

Jack, you are right and the posters are right to seek an answer, but we all know the answer will be "use your previous stable version"  so why wait for a mod to come here and say that. I agree with everyone here that this sucks that is was accidentally released and installed, but the answer is, its not stable, dont use it

BriChi 0 votes

I am curious.. is this just MAC users or also windows users that managed to get RB 1.6.1

Jack EDM 0 votes

Its not a major pain, apart from that its running fine, but  it dose give you the option to delete the old version once installed and thats what I done.  It looks like it was released by mistake if pioneer would apologies and say it was a mistake would be good.

djsd 0 votes

just see this topic =D so any one who's on 1.6.1 noticed some new changes?

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

hmm.. that's to bad :( I was hoping for something good after all this time.. but who knows.. might be hidden underneath the interface

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

Gentlemen, as I'm sure you are all well aware when Pioneer releases an update, it is hosted on my servers worldwide. This is to ensure download speeds are faster and that we don't inadvertently DDoS our own server.

It does appear that one local server received an update before it should have. As a result, a potentially unstable release became available to some users.

We do regret this occurrence and apologise for any inconvenience. We urge you to downgrade to 1.5.3.

Gavin 0 votes

1.6.1 was accidentally made active only for the update for about 12 hours.

It will NOT be supported at this time, any users who currently have 1.6.1 installed may continue to use so at their own risk, but are recommended to downgrade to 1.5.3 (or 1.5.4 for users of the MEP-4000).

Again, this version will not be supported until it is public, the release date is not available.

Pulse 0 votes