Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Why does Rekordbox think all Drum And Bass is half speed?

Hello,

I play many types of music with Rekordbox but with Drum and Bass it nearly always thinks that it is half the speed it is, Why?

It takes a 175bpm tune and thinks it is 87.5bpm? Any ideas on how to correct this?

I just want it to tell me the correct speed for each tune! Help?

Thanks,

Nik C

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

There is a setting for the tempo range.  You just need to increase the setting.

Fuse Promote 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

There is also a button in Rekordbox to double or half the tempo.  You could hit the double button.

Just FYI - You will still need to manually adjust the beat grids a little bit, but this is true on house music or anything with a straight 4/4 beat.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Thank you, found the double tempo button.

But what do you mean by "manually adjust the the beat grid'?

Does it  not set it correctly first time? 

I play house music as well but have never adjusted the beat grid before. what are the benefits from doing it? And what are the downfalls if I don't?

And if I do need to do it how do I do it???

Thanks.

Nik C 0 votes

It makes the beat grid 100% accurate as recordbox can be a little off sometimes, you can also manually set and store your que in point, theres a video pulse made showing how to do it on this site somewhere, or you can find it on youtube aswell, its pretty easy once you've done it once btw, you need to have the link switched off for it to work

aaron elliott 0 votes

Thank you.

But what does the beat grid actually do? Does it take a badly made tune with timing issues and correct them?

hat is the grid for?

I have used Rekordbox to add the que points and make play-lists but that is it so far.

Nik C 0 votes

The beat grid in rekordbox is designed to work with the loop quantized feature of the CDJ players. This way your loops stay on beat even if your timing on the button tap might not be perfect. The second thing the beat grid does is it helps keep some of the quantized effects on Pioneer mixers and rmx-1000 timed correctly.

Lastly, the beat grid will affect how the Bpm display shows the tempo. If you manually adjust the grid to align better to the beats on the wave display then your Bpm reading on the display will be more accurate.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Thank you!! I understand now.. I will correct it when it goes out of sync..

Nik C 0 votes

You don't understand dubstep and drum and bass do you?

It's half paced music...

Sammy 0 votes

Sammy,

Could you explain it to me then? How old are you? Have you been into D&B long?

Nik C 0 votes