Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

trying to move music folder in recordbox

Hey guys,

All of my music is stored in my "Music Folder" located in my C drive on a mac. I want to move it to another location in my C drive in my mac. How would I go about moving it without loosing all of my que points and playlist in recordbox. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   

Super Lou

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

It's pretty easy, but before you start make a backup of your library (file>library>backup). That way if all goes horribly wrong you can move the files back to their original location and restore the library.

Once you've moved all of your files to the new location, open rekordbox and go to "File>Display All Missing Files". Here you can select  all missing files by using command+a and then click "locate"... Depending on how many files are missing you may not want to select all files at once, instead select smaller blocks to relocate bits at a time. At the top of the window that pops up after you click "locate" will be the name of the first track that rekordbox is trying to find. You need to find that exact file yourself by browsing to it in the new location (where ever you moved it to on your hard drive) and click "Open". Rekorbox missing file manager will then ask you if you want it to find other missing files using the location of the track you just selected. Click "Yes" and all other missing files (that you originally selected) will be located. All of your cue points, playlist and analysis info will be just as it was before.

If I was relocating my entire library like you are I would probably move them to the new location without changing the structure of the files/folders within the "Music Folder". Just a guess, but this may make it easier/quicker for rekordbox to relocate them.

If you're nervous about it, don't move all the files/folders at once, just move a few and test the process out first for yourself.

hatrik 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I would suggest you use the instructions in the Sticky Thread for backing up the hidden Pioneer folder and contents.

The Library Backup feature built into Rekordbox doesn't really back up anything.  I'm not really sure what the purpose is?

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Mac's don't have "C" drives like PCs do, but the instructions from hatrik should work.

Pulse 0 votes

I have 6,000 music files in various folders so this option is a right pain for me !

Is it possible to 'hack' some file so I can change the location of files from d:\music\tunes\ to m:\tunes ?

Or add an option to 'Search folder for all missing files' would be nice.

Regards 

Smurf 0 votes

ahh, ignore my previous comment. It has found all the files in all other folders.

Marvellous :) 

Smurf 0 votes