Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

16 abonnés S’abonner

rekordbox 1.6.2 - lol, so who's gonna be the guinea pig?

have downloaded and installed it, but no way am I gonna test it out till others have done so ..... I have a sneaky suspicion that its gonna bugger up all my cues and beats .......

DJBostonGreen

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

42 commentaires

This has been in beta with some time and has proved to be very stable.

Gavin 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

stabillity hasnt been an issue for me for some time, i'm more concerned with having to go in and adjust all my beatgrids and cues, like the fiasco with 1.5.4 ....

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

@Gavin

so this is why it crashes every single time when you close it if you haven't ejected the usb drive via rekordbox before? :)

i think i don't have one single program on my mac which crashes that often as rekordbox, not matter what version i am using. i'm using mountain lion on a mac which i formatted a few weeks ago...

Fabian Arndt 0 votes

As long as it is more stable than 1.5.3 on windows 7 64bit I will be happy. As 1.5.3 is so buggy when using big collections with usb sticks.

Taff 0 votes

1.5.3 is really stable on my win7 64bit, I've also never had rekordbox crash if leaving a USB in the drive.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

Hi, grids are still out of sync for me sticking with 1.5.3 for now :(

ryanm6913 0 votes

Its not when leaving the stick in, its when trying to update the data base or moving through the collection on the usb stick, within rekordbox. 2000 songs and up on the usb stick and rekordbox crashes on me with 1.5.3.

Taff 0 votes

1.6.4 anyone got it to work or even open? Mine crashes eveytime I try to open it

Si BooGie 0 votes

well loving 1.6.2 all the problems I had with 1.5.3 have gone, well done Mixvibes

Taff 0 votes

I've had heaps of problems with 1.5.3 - slow transfer to USB, hot cues not accurate (started a separate thread about that in the CDJ2000 forum), incredibly slow scrolling through large collections on USB, regular crashes, then every time I opened it it told me there's a new version available but not to upgrade unless I was using the MEP, now 1.6 is out that allegedly fixes the faults with inaccurate cue points introduced in 1.5.3

I'm starting to wonder if the rush for the digital controller market is affecting the quality assurance of software releases, and the "everything to all people" that Rekordbox is trying to be is the wrong way for product development. A software release that is not applicable to certain users should not be in the baseline upgrade path in the first place.

I won't be using an ipad, ipod, digital doofer, MEP or anything else. All I want is stable software to analyse the tracks for use on my CDJ2000s.How about a modular approach where users of each piece of hardware just install an add-on for their gear, and the base engine stays the same... and therefore more stable...? I'm considering being a guinea pig just to get rid of the issues caused by my last guinea pig experience. If that doesn't work the only way is down(grade)

I'm losing faith here... Progress was OK once but it went on too long.

Insect 0 votes

I won't be using an ipad, ipod, digital doofer, MEP or anything else. All I want is stable software to analyse the tracks for use on my CDJ2000s.How about a modular approach where users of each piece of hardware just install an add-on for their gear, and the base engine stays the same... and therefore more stable

*here here!! </me applauds>

Nick Hilton 0 votes

I've spent the evening playing around with RB and it seems much more stable. I've imported just over 61000 tracks in to it and it's happily analysing. I tried the search function which was always a nightmare to use as 1.5.3 would freeze and sometimes cause a crash but it works much better now, no white screen freeze but typing in to the search box is still slow, however the results come up quickly.
My one gripe is the reason for the importing of my collection. When I installed RB it wouldn't open, I had a collection of just over 100,000 tracks on two external 1Tb USB drives which I unplugged and still it wouldn't open. It crashed every time. So I renamed the database files, that didn't work. I then deleted the collection and the database files and it finally opened. Luckily I didn't pre-set cue points and loops so did have much to loose. I will have to check the beat grids again but such is life.
All in all, so far at least, this new version seems more stable. I did a 1hr set whilst RB was analysing and was able to search for tracks using the search box not the CDJs without any freezing.

Si BooGie 0 votes

1.6.2 is still unstable, when I search for a track in the collection view and then delete it, RB crashes every time. Also when linked to the CDJ2000, half of the screen info is cutoff on the right hand side in "alphabet/default" view. Back to 1.5.3 I go

BriChi 0 votes

I'm still running 1.5.1. I'm not planning to upgrade until there is something worth upgrading for. All this AERO nonsense is meaningless to me. All my friends who upgraded have gotten 1.5.1 from me and are using it too.

RyanTV 0 votes

I won't be using an ipad, ipod, digital doofer, MEP or anything else. All I want is stable software to analyse the tracks for use on my CDJ2000s. --> I agree!!

Also professional dj's want stability,  I don't see professional dj's goofing around with their ipods or iphones during a set ...they also won't play via wifi or so...

s_decoster 0 votes

Guys, i couldn't more agree that this software has to be stable as a rock, cause we are all playing as pro's in the club etc, but i use 1.62 last days as i usually work with rekordbox befor that version and i have to say that they make a huge step in stability terms. So i give my feedback:

I use rekordbox only home, never use a laptop. I use it to export playlist, mp3's to my harddrive (3 drives, 2 are for back up). With 1.53 i have 50 to 60% crash at use. It crashed at exporting of mp3's, or even at connecting a usb drive. Now with 1.62, i dont have a crash yet (with same use)! I am very happy about it! Just for the rekord i use 3 ssd drives with usb 3 connection to my pc.

Anastasio 0 votes

Not a single crash since installing the other day. Much more stable. I just need a fix for the mixed up artwork on thousands of tracks now :(

Richie Barthez 0 votes

and after more testing I see that it happens all the time IF there is a character at the beginning of the title tag like 'till the end or #1 night, If i take the ' of # out of the tag, then it doesnt crash on a search and delete, still cant believe after 3 years this search engine sucks ass, sorry Pioneer, but it does

BriChi 0 votes

Who actually tests this software? There always seems to be some sort of issue with a release, it's just so unprofessional that it seems it's (more often than not) not strenuously tested before release.

And 3 years on and no sync? Yet pioneer seem to have all the time to integrate wireless when the basics still aren't stable?!

As much as the new generation cdjs have became a success, rekorbox has become a fail...

cdjbasile 0 votes

I've reanalyzed all my tracks, I've noticed an huge increase in the accuracy of the quantization.  Not so many tracks off a half a beat.

jamboe 0 votes

Forgot to write that i'm using windows7 64. BriChi i try out everything you say, and post the results tommorow.

Anastasio 0 votes

Running OSX 10.6.8 and upgraded to RB 1.6.2. No major issues to report. Hasn't affected cues or loops. One minor thing that happened was after I added/analyzed 700+ tracks it froze after finishing analyzing. But then I just force quit and reopened and all the tracks were there and everything worked fine.

Mentz 0 votes

I think I feel some sort of speedup reading tracks out from a usb-sticks with which were put on with rekordbox

EpikureeR 0 votes

Well, after few days testing-working with 1.62 in windows 7 64, i have to say: great work (again)!

@BriChi, i checked out everything you ask, no errors at all, no freaz either. But thats on windows.

Anastasio 0 votes

ok cool, thanks for checking,,, must be an OSX thing

BriChi 0 votes

@All > Thank you for your reports on 1.6.2

@cdjbasile > We have a public beta team that test pre-release candidates that attempt to identify any major or minor faults within the software. Their feedback goes directly to the forum staff and the engineers so that they can start working on the next version of rekordbox.

Gavin 0 votes

yeah, well heres ANOTHER major bug I just reported in the software, awesome job on 1.6.2 Pioneer, the last 2 releases have failed

so 1.6.2  just wiped out an entire playlists of 70+ tracks in a compilation of different artists cause of YET ANOTHER bug in 1.6.2

I opened up 1.6.2

selected a playlist

highlighted all tracks in it so i can label the album it came from (Promo only August week 3)

I label the album field this and now it blew out that info and put it NOT IN THE ALBUM column where it belongs, it deleted ALL the artists and put the album info in the artist field deleting all the artist 

this is a new bug, did not happen in 1.5.3/4.... I swear i waist more time reparing shit for this program then I ever did in having to prepare in 25 years of dj'ing, but HEY, At least we have a new wireless controller!!!! </sarcasm>

end rant

video to show you this joke of a bug:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o9w-FxIjHw&feature=youtube_gdat...

BriChi 0 votes

I'm running 1.6.2 on Mac Mac, 10.8 and no issues for me.

@BriChi - I deleted many tracks from collection last night and not a single crash.

Hesitant 0 votes

cool, but simply deleting from collection doesnt cause the crash, you have to search for a track containing a character like ' as in a track titled 'till blah blah blah, then select the track and delete, 1 out of 3 times it crashes, so frustrating

1. go to collection view or even search within a playlist

2. search for a track containing ' or #

3. try and delete that track now, RB immediately crashes

on a Mac, 10.8

video showing it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng94s8Aynz8&feature=youtu.be

this does not happen in 1.5.3, it was introduced in 1.6.2

plus @hesitant, dont try adding or changing album info in 1.6.2, thats broke too now and wiped out your artist info, great update! heres the link I created for that new bug that just caused me lots of work!! http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/21928697-make-a-change-on-album-and-it-wipes-out-artist-info-come-on

BriChi 0 votes