Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Thinking I might cancel my CDJ order

So confused about what to do. I really really really wanted to avoid Djing with a computer. I just don't feel comfortable at large gigs. I constantly worry about the software/computer crashing. Also, want to bring my focus back to the dance floor and off the computer screen. After reading about the 2000nexus and RekordBox I thought to myself "this is excactly what I'm looking for"-all the functionality of dj software on CDJ decks-so awesome. So, I ordered a pair of the 2000nexus. Now I'm reading all kinds of not so good things about Rekordbox/2000nexus and feel like I'm going to have a heart attack! I'm not worried about the decks as much about RekordBox. The things I worry most about are.

* My collection is HUGE and I read that RekordBox has crahing issues with larger folder/file imports. True or False?

* How long is it going to take to analyze my collection (1 TB) and the prep the tracks (I actually like this part)?

* All of my collection has been analysed by Traktor, Mixmeister(key info) and recently MIK. What does this mean when I analyse into RekordBox and vise versa? 

* If I use RekordBox to perform using the Hub for the CDJ's, How much CPU will RekordBox use? I purchase lappy's with at least i7 and 6G of memory. My cooling systems always seem to crap out on me pretty fast.

Maybe I should wait.

Thoughts?

Rob D

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Hi rob, just to answer one or 2 of your questions.

I purchased the 2000 nexus and they are perfect but the major pain if you have a large library in rekordbox all your tracks will need to be re analyzed its a bit of a pain but needs to be done for the wave display and key.

If you are importing I wouldn't place one large folder in. Break down your tracks if you can it will save it from crashing. It dose take a while to analyze.

djsd 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

If you don't want to DJ with a computer then the CDJ-2000 is perfect for you.  Yes, you will need to use Rekordbox to prepare your music before the gigs, but you can export the music files to a USB stick and leave the computer at home.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

My collection is HUGE and I read that RekordBox has crahing issues with larger folder/file imports. True or False? True x 10000, its bad, I have about 25,000 mp3's and its frustrating  

* How long is it going to take to analyze my collection (1 TB) and the prep the tracks (I actually like this part)? depends on the amount of files, its about 10 seconds per normal track, (4-5 minutes)

* All of my collection has been analysed by Traktor, Mixmeister(key info) and recently MIK. What does this mean when I analyse into RekordBox and vise versa? nothing at all, different info and programs

* If I use RekordBox to perform using the Hub for the CDJ's, How much CPU will RekordBox use? I purchase lappy's with at least i7 and 6G of memory. My cooling systems always seem to crap out on me pretty fast. you would use RB with an ethernet switch and rb takes hardly any power because really all it's doing is acting as an extrenal hard drive, the cdj is really doing all the work

BriChi 0 votes

you could download the free 'rekordbuddy' application if you're on a mac and it will sync all your beatgrids, cue points and hotcues from Traktor into Rekordbox automatically. 

Phil 0 votes

I second Rekord Buddy.  The workflow takes a little getting used to because I use Traktor with my tech 1200s, but, I first add all songs to itunes, then analyze in MIK and Traktor and set all of my cue points in there.  Once that is done, you just export your traktor collection file to a folder of your choice, and "sync" it in rekord buddy with your Rekordbox collection (there are instructions on how to do this with the program) and then you add the files from the bridge where you will see Rekord buddy and all of your cue points from traktor are there.  It has really been a lifesaver for me.

Andrew1207 0 votes

* My collection is HUGE and I read that RekordBox has crahing issues with larger folder/file imports. True or False?

Yes Rekordbox crashes sometimes on analysing. But only on analyse. So restart the appilication a few times until all your music is analyized.

* How long is it going to take to analyze my collection (1 TB) and the prep the tracks (I actually like this part)?

I need one week for about 350 GB / 65000 tracks on a Core i5 MacBook Pro Mid2010. So you can calculate yourself how long it will need. I would say 2-3 weeks.

* If I use RekordBox to perform using the Hub for the CDJ's, How much CPU will RekordBox use? I purchase lappy's with at least i7 and 6G of memory. My cooling systems always seem to crap out on me pretty fast.

No CPU.. only for searches. The rest of the work is done in the players. For live DJing you could use an old PC/MacBook that have enough power to search through yous library.

Jan Lange 0 votes

I have the same problem with RB crashing while analysing, but just restart the program and it will continue where it left off. Analysing time really depends on your computer spec, I have i7 oc to 4.7 and it does a 5min tune in 4-5secs.
I also got a 'not responding' from RB when editing thousands of id3 tags in one go (while simultaneously playing and analysing different tunes, so was pushing it really), but I just left it a minute and it soon sorted it's life out, tune playing didn't even skip.

Looshus 0 votes