Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Reinstalled 2.0.2/reformatted USB... Still crashed when exporting :|

I thought this would be a surefire way to fix the crashing with clean installing/formatting everything. I was wrong.

This was the last possible thing I could do to try and get this "application" to work. This is honestly beyond ridiculous, Pioneer need to sort this out asap.

Pioneer definitely have a long way to go with their "software" offering. Hardware is great, "software" leaves A LOT to be desired.

What I don't get is that surely the big name DJs that are on Pioneer's payroll are having similar issues. And I'm sure Pioneer wouldn't be ignoring them. They need a quick stop gap solution before Xmas and New Years. Easiest thing they could do is make 2.0.1 available. At least it was somewhat stable.

The biggest thing I have an issue with is that it seems that no beta testing has taken place whatsoever. And this isn't even a small bug. This would have been picked up within the first half an hour if it had been tested at all.

Guess I'll have to pull out my old turntables and dust off the records.

Thanks Pioneer, you just ruined Xmas. ;p

Computer specs:

MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

OSX 10.6.8

Tracks stored on external 1TB Seagate hard drive and added directly to rekordbox. USB sticks are Corsair Survivors.

The gif below probably sums up how most people are feeling.

Mentz

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I could NOT agree more with this post. I would be willing to bet that if James Zabiela had gone to them with a problem, it would have been sorted within minutes. My feeling is that because Rekordbox is essentially free software and generates no profit, it's just not at the top of Pioneer's priorities and we users don't matter. They really shouldn't assume that everyone on here is somehow unimportant. Quite the opposite. I'm now going back to Traktor and ceasing to use Rekordbox ever again. And I'm going to make sure that if anybody asks me about using it, I let them know just how this whole situation has been handled. I would no longer recommend this software to anybody and I'm certainly going to avoid buying any new Pioneer products if there is another product of similar quality made by another company. Whilst my individual purchase of CDJs, headphones, mixers, DJ Controllers and the like won't damage them, imagine what it would do if everybody did that?  I am genuinely surprised and angry by the way the company has handled this situation - to not even offer a reload of the previous version so people could carry on supporting THEIR products whilst they work over Christmas and New Year is a very very poor piece of judgement on the part of Pioneer Customer Relations. There hasn't even really been an apology. What has happened to this company?

Good luck everybody- hope you have a peaceful Christmas and New Year.

David Dunne

David Dunne 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The biggest thing I have an issue with is that it seems that no beta testing has taken place whatsoever. And this isn't even a small bug. This would have been picked up within the first half an hour if it had been tested at all.

I definitely understand you are frustrated because many of the previous RB versions were pretty unstable but I have to disagree a little with this point, If I was a beta tester of the software, I wouldn't have reported this bug being that 2.0.2 has been the most stable for me so far, I import and export all the time and have no issues. I have exported over 25,000 mp's, AIFF and AAC files along with about 100 or so playlists and it couldn't have went more smooth. I wish for your guys sake they resolve whatever this issue is ASAP, It has to suck, this is why i download and save every version of RB so i can fall back if I need to. If I can track down my OSX version of 2.0.1 I will post in this thread for you asap

I wonder if it's a conflict of OS versions, you have 10.6 which is obviously older but thats no excuse for RB not to work, o you have another mac with a newer OS, or able to upgrade the OS and try?

I see from another thread I cannot post 2.0.1, sorry

BriChi 0 votes

I agree with you too. I have 20K plus tracks, but when i export it keeps crashing. I'm going to delete all my music in RB next week, reinstall, and start all over. I hope that this works..

Mike G 0 votes

I does't work. This is a huge issue. They should be rolling back to 2.01. I can barely get this thing to work and for Pioneer to ingrain Rekordbox into our way of working and then TOTALLY FUCK IT UP (I'm pretty pissed so I feel justified in the language) is 1,000,000% unacceptable. Nevermind this free software nonsense. it's not free. It's a feature of the very expensive hardware we all own.

FIX IT. NOW.

Ryan McKinnon 0 votes

They did post 2.0.1 so u can roll back. Maybe read the stickies at the top of the rb forum first :)

BriChi 0 votes

It's not free. It's just a stab at good marketing. In the case of Nexus, last thing you want to do is pay for software that make the Nexus work correctly. Imagine the outcry from the crowd who spend thousands of dollars on Pioneer DJ equipment and then have to buy the software to use the features it offers and then if the software sucks or doesn't work correctly.... Imagine the demand for refunds. It's just easier to to stamp free on it.

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votes