Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Track analysis missing?

So this is my scenario (that was working fine for the longest time until Recordbox 2.0.2 maybe???... 

I import my music collection into RecordBox as it continually changes and more songs are added (on OSX 10.8.2). 

I analyze all the songs (takes forever because the bad coding which only uses one CPU thread) . 

After all the songs are analyzed I see they even have the "key" of the tracks analyzed as well, okay, cool, things are looking good. 

I've set the location for ""PiONEER" FOLDER (ANALYSIS FILES): To my USB thumb drive  /Volumes/Master (Master being the name of my thumb drive).

Sometimes, i'll even reformat the thumb drive and rename it, then go change it under preferences just to make sure it knows that's the location I want the wave analysis files stored and where I want the mp4's exported.

After another grueling wait, I hop and skip over to my Nexus CDJ-2000's and put my USB stick in and attempt to play some tunes..  It says I have saved settings so I load them, okay, things are lookin' good...  Then I go to play a song and their is no wave form for any of the tracks.  I then get a message for every song to use Recordbox to analyze the files to use the Sync feature... WTF! I just wasted 2 hours re-analyzing every song and exporting them to my thumb drive.  

I'm using the newest firmware for the Nexus CDJ-2000 unites and it seemed to have worked in the past.  Is there a way to know definitively if the wave analysis database is successfully being copied to my thumb drive??  I'm only working with about 700 songs.  I can't figure out what's wrong.  On the CDJ units, I can see the Key's for each track show up just fine so that obviously got analyzed, even though I didn't select to analyze the keys...  What am I missing here?

Your help would be greatly appreciated friends!  I'm an IT monster so don't be afraid to speak computer to me :) (I don't under 0,'s and 1's though, hehe)

Justin

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Also, forgot to mention. In Recordbox, if I play any of the mp4's, I can see the wav form analysis in the program so I know it's analyzed...  Lastly, I've formatted the thumb drive as HFS..  I'm going to try FAT and see if that makes any difference as that's what I used to use...

Justin 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Just to update everyone.  It seems that my problem might be related to reformatting my usb thumb drive.  Apparently, when you analyze your collection of tracks, the wav analysis database gets copied to the location you set in the prefrences pane (in my case, the thumb drive).  If you format your USB stick for whatever reason and try to export the tracks from your collection, the wav analysis file needs to get re-created and the only way to do so is to re-analyze every track.  Kind of stupid RekordBox doesn't keep a local cached copy or warn you about saving the analysis file on removable media.

Hope this helps any other frustrated users.

Justin 0 votes

@Justin > The engineers contacted me in relation to your issue and have asked me to forward the following information:

"2 things:

• His location of analysis files for computer(/Volumes/usb_drive_name) is

same as the one which is for the exportation information.

So, it may cause a collision. Please select another location.

(rekordbox creates a folder named PIONEER in the root of the USB flash

when exportation to save waveformes and images for CDJ.

In his case, waveforms for mac and for cdj are saved in the same folder.

He can find the folder "USBANLZ" in the folder "PIONEER". )

• The supported file systems are FAT16 and FAT32. So, HFS is invalid for CDJ."
Gavin 0 votes

@Gavin as always bro, thank you for your helpful and timely responses!  I totally appreciate it.  Okay, so reading the engineers response, it looks like I can set the location for ""PiONEER" FOLDER (ANALYSIS FILES) to a location on my computer.  Then, when I go to export the tracks, it will automatically get exported to the USB thumb drive? 

Lastly, if I see a folder called "USBANLZ" in the "Pioneer" folder, I can assume the wav analysis database has been correctly copied?  This saves me a lot of trouble if that's the correct work flow.  Since I work with three different computers, all of which are running Rekordbox, I thought it would be best to keep everything on the flash drive and to import/work off of the flash drive on all 3 computers.. 

Long story short, thank you for the helpful information! Cheers bro.

Justin 0 votes

"Then, when I go to export the tracks, it will automatically get exported to the USB thumb drive?

Lastly, if I see a folder called "USBANLZ" in the "Pioneer" folder,  I can assume the wav analysis database has been correctly copied?"

Yes. But, waveform files in usb(for cdj) are a bit different from ones for original collection(for rekordbox). The names of folders in USBANLZ for CDJ are different from ones for rekordbox.

It is possible to locate PIONEER folder(for original collection) in a usb flash, except the root folder in the device. (ex. "/Volumes/Master/rekordbox - collection" is ok, but "/Volumes/Master/" is not ok.)

Gavin 0 votes