Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Slow search on rekordbox collection

When searching through my collection rekordbox locks up for about 15 - 20 seconds before it finds the song or locks up completely  no problems when in a playlist

Brian Sabella

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

This has been a problem for years, I have complained about it but still, 3 years later, nothing has been improved with the search engine. 

Do you have a large library?

I have about 26,000 tracks, I can get it to lock up very easily by simply typing one letter, hesitating for a sec and then try and type, the program is now locked up for a little bit, It's so annoying. 

Pioneer, Please have Mixvibes fix this, it happens in their Cross software also, i have tested it. Maybe they can just add that the search doesnt sort until you hit enter, that's a quick fix until they can get it together and create a proper search engine. My Nexus' search my files on a usb drive faster then my Macbook searches in RB, thats pretty sad IMO

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

here is a video I did back from the 1.5 days comparing the lock up of RB search and then the smooth search that Serato does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXTQvCE2oBQ

Pioneer, If mixvibes would like, I can send them my .edb database so they can load it up and test, maybe they dont test with libraries of that size, which they really should when they gear their stuff towards mobile DJ's

BriChi 0 votes

the funny, yet sad part of this too is my CDJNexus, USB drive with the same amount of files, Searches a track faster then my loaded Macbook pro running RB, Why is this? How can a search engine in software be this bad? it's such a basic feature, here is a comparison video I just shot, at 29 seconds I hit "P" and it takes 10 seconds to sort, thats ridiculous especially when it only takes the CDJ 1 second for the same exact search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtWJU-Jjrs

oh and the search string is still broken where I can add random words after a search not related to the track i searched and other tracks will appear meaning it is still searching an "AND" field which it should not when being programmed. in this video I search a track, it finds it, I add the word "two", no tracks appear which is great but then I add one more word like "sweet" and it searches and finds that word ignoring all previous words

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=Wy0SqMZ3L5A

BriChi 0 votes

New to rekordbox and cdjs, been running them for a month now and am very impressed, luckily haven't had any issues that people have been reporting, but what's up with the search on the iTunes bridge. I can type 1 letter and then the whole program locks up for 30-45 secs, absolute joke. I have close to 80,000 tracks in my iTunes but still, I use traktor, serato and virtual dj without searching issues so it must be possible. Running a MacBook Pro 2008 with mountain lion and both cdjs updated to current firmware and ver 2.2 rekordbox.

Shane White 0 votes

New to rekordbox and cdjs, been running them for a month now and am very impressed, luckily haven't had any issues that people have been reporting, but what's up with the search on the iTunes bridge. I can type 1 letter and then the whole program locks up for 30-45 secs, absolute joke. I have close to 80,000 tracks in my iTunes but still, I use traktor, serato and virtual dj without searching issues so it must be possible. Running a MacBook Pro 2008 with mountain lion and both cdjs updated to current firmware and ver 2.2 rekordbox.

Shane White 0 votes

Shane White 0 votes