Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox app on iPhone to CDJ-2000 Nexus

Hey,

I don't know if I am the only one, but I am VERY confused about that Rekordbox app on iPhone that is supposed to work on the CDJ-2000 Nexus (for instance when you load a track).

Could someone explain me how it works? For instance in terms of connection?

Julien G.

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

the app is awesome but needs improvement, The purpose is to export your tracks to it (or use existing ones on the phone), import them into the app, analyze and setup cues and loops if you want and then you can plug in the usb cable, "connect" it via the load option on the phone and then use the phone as your music source. you can either browse the music on the phone from the cdj's of browse and load them from the phone to the decks. I use it on my iPad and it works great but the space is limited, They need to let the app read the music on a plugged in usb drive, THEN the app would be useful and I would use it 100% and leave the laptop at home

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

"The purpose is to export your tracks to it" ==> you mean export tracks from Rekordbox (on your computer) to the iPhone by connecting it to the computer?

What do you mean here: "I use it on my iPad and it works great BUT THE SPACE IS LIMITED?"

All the things you have told me so far is about how to use your iPhone by connecting it with the usb cable. I was actually more wondering "How to use the iPhone without plugging it with the usb cable?" (implying using the iPhone thanks to the wireless router)

Your video is good, but the guy speaking doesn't explain much how the iPhone works wirelessly in order to load tracks onto CDJ-2000 Nexus :(

Julien G. 0 votes

The purpose is to export your tracks to it" ==> you mean export tracks from Rekordbox (on your computer) to the iPhone by connecting it to the computer?

yes, once the iphone and computer are on your network you can connect them wirelessly, then in RB when you right click a track or playlist you can "export" to the iPhone 

What do you mean here: "I use it on my iPad and it works great BUT THE SPACE IS LIMITED?"

in other words, I have 200gb of music and the iPad holds 64gb at the most

All the things you have told me so far is about how to use your iPhone by connecting it with the usb cable. I was actually more wondering "How to use the iPhone without plugging it with the usb cable?" (implying using the iPhone thanks to the wireless router)

Your video is good, but the guy speaking doesn't explain much how the iPhone works wirelessly in order to load tracks onto CDJ-2000 Nexus :(

wirelessly yes, you need to have a wireless router, connect the decks to the wireless router and your phone wirelessly to the router, then open the app on the iphone and hit "load", this will connect the iphone to the decks, you may have to "confirm" the connection on the decks by hitting the rekordbox button and clicking on your phone that will now appear

BriChi 0 votes