Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

rekordbox crashing on startup

please help !! although i haven't copied and pasted the "read me", i have read it.  i believe my problem may be an easy fix, but who knows.

firstly, i am using windows vista - 32bit (crap i know).  the firmware on my cdj 900s is all up to date, i have the latest version of rekordbox 2.0.3

here is the issue.  at the moment i use 3 different usb sticks for my tracks (all sandisk 32gb).  on one, i have been sorting my tracks, deleting stuff i dont want via the rekordbox programme.  now, here's where the fun begins.  i delete a track, rekordbox crashes.  i restart, the track has deleted, i go to delete the next one, rekordbox crashes and so it goes on and on and on.  tedious, but the job was getting done all the same.  suddenly, rekordbox crashes as soon as the usb stick is connected.  all my mp3 files have been scanned for errors before loading, so theres no problem there.  the usb stick itself still has all the data, and works fine still on my cdjs (i just can't access it now to create playlists etc).  i have scanned the usb for any errors and virus', all is fine.  there is no problem with rekordbox itself as my other usb sticks work fine and do not cause it to crash. there seems to be no irregularities in the folders contained in my usb stick.

so, i'm a bit baffled why this is suddenly happening?  does anyone know what the issue could be.  i can't see whats wrong with the usb stick, being as its still performing fine in the cdjs.  any help would be appreciated ....... before my hair all falls out !

darren barnes

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

_"all my mp3 files have been scanned for errors before loading, so theres no problem there." - _Did you use windows Vistas File scan and repair? The problem could that windows fucked something up. Can u export files to a newly clean formated USB?

Taang 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

i used mp3val.  i have used this on all my other usbs and no problem.  this has only started recently - i haven't added any music on this usb for a while so i cant blame a newly added file.  i've done so many checks and everything seems fine - ive compared folder properties on my other usbs and there is nothing unusual. at the moment i think it might be something to do with the export.pdb file in the pioneer folder, but not 100%.  if i remove it, rekordbox starts up, recognises my usb, but isnt showing any tracks (even though they're still on the usb).  as soon as i put the export.pdb file back in the folder, rekordbox crashes. 

hope this info helps - im not much of a computer or programme expert, just trying my own troubleshooting.

don't know if i've already mentioned this, but i have tried removing all rekordbox info from my laptop, uninstalled rekordbox, and started from scratch, but this hasn't eliminated the problem. 

this is a little frustrating as i now have only 2 nights to get things sorted before i'm dj'ing again :s

darren barnes 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien