Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

auto relocate

just wondering if you guys are planning to add an auto relocate missing media feature.  It would be REALLY REALLY nice if rekordbox would just scan my computer for the missing files and relink the path.

Chemist Swiy

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

it kinda has that now, if you are missing files you can relocate them, if you move your entire folder structure to another location you can relocate the entire database

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

ummmm  i have to relocate EACH INDIVIDUAL file every time it moves location on my computer.  I just want to click the relocate media button and go to the folder that has ALL of my music and NOT have to find the specific file and link to them individually if that makes sense.  Also it would be nice to have a locate all and scan my computer for the file names and automatically relink them. 

I use a main folder that has many subfolders. 

lol im lazy and dont want to have to find the exact missing media every time. 

Chemist Swiy 0 votes

I dont blame you, I have done the same thing but in a batch of 26,000 with no issues

go to "FILE/DISPLAY ALL MISSING FILES""    this will display all your missing files and then you can select all and relocate, it will ask you to locate one of the tracks, then prompt you if you want it to find ALL the missing ones and you can select yes, I have done this with no issues

BriChi 0 votes

Hi there, sorry to bump an old thread, I'm just trying to relocate my entire library (changed computers), will the relocate all also find files in sub folders etc? It only seems to relocate files within the same folder at the moment..?

Alex Taylor 0 votes

Rekordbox still doesn't do this.

Generally when you're looking for a  file its because its been moved to a different folder while sorting. I think a lot of people make playlists in a hurry before they have sorted their music into their permanent location on hard drive. Also, after a year I archive tunes, to keep my current stuff separate, so might get moved a second time.

When you select relocate multiple files its ESSENTIAL that you can select a folder, and let Rekordbox search that folder and all SUBFOLDERS.

Without this simple part the relocate is almost useless, and seriously making things unnecessarily hard for a lot of people to use as their primary library program, or to use it with their other library program, they use for sorting files. Either way, were stuck having to do hundreds of search one-by-one. Its insanity.

Alternatively, the ability to move files from within rekordbox (currently cant) using the explorer window would also allow users to move files without having to relocate. (use mediamonkey as an example - playlists still work after moving files around, and tracks can be relocated even during playback).

This seriously need improving

Nimbus 0 votes

..One other thing - to complete my rant..

When relocating files. sometimes a file is missing because there were two copies of the same tune, and the double up got deleted. Then, when you 'relocate' a message comes and says "tune already in database" then NOTHING happens! wtf?

Why cant i merge the tune i selected?  Rekordbox should ask me if i want to use the selected track to replace the missing track, and merge the two file entries as one so its not missing from all my playlists.

Nimbus 0 votes