Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Can Rekordbox achieve Traktor-tight looping?

For the last 3 years I have been using Traktor w/ CDJs as controllers.  My mixing style is now 100% reliant on being able to throw perfectly tight loops mid-mix.  I take the time to beatgrid within Traktor so I can be confident that the loop markers are exact, and thus the loops are seamless.

I've tried to beatgrid within Rekordbox, but I'm finding that the loops just aren't perfectly tight.  This seems to be due to two things:

1. You can't start a loop and set it's end-point without manually ending the loop, or hitting the "out" button twice to choose the loop length.  This inherently introduces human error into what should be an automated process of determining loop-length.

2. The beatgridding just doesn't seem to be as tight.  If I store a loop in memory within rekordbox, export the file to flash drive, then call up the same loop on two linked 2000s... I hear phasing, and even a bit of drift between the two tracks.

Am I simply incapable of utilizing loops with Rekorbox in the way that I've fallen in love with via Traktor?  I'm hoping someone can show me how to tighten up my game, because I'm really ready to ditch the laptop from the booth.

Thanks.

mike swells

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Traktor and RB shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. Traktor is a High Quality S/W, remixing, & producing program. RB has a better chance of being compared to Denon's Music manager "Engine". And that blows RB away. For them to have ask us to do a survey and answer questions about what we want on the next CDJ I thought was OUTRAGEOUS!!! Fix what you have now. When that is fixed then lets start talking about new CDJ's... It's ridiculous. I would stay with Traktor if I was you Mike. Although we loose some CDJ features. You gain the reliability of Traktor... 

DJ Pete 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I have the same complaint re: #2 above - auto loops drift on me every time.  @DJ Pete - completely agree.  Terrifying to think that Pio's focus is in developing a new player, which invariably will have it's own slew of bugs and leave us with even less support on the Nexus decks.  I suppose at that point we'd be left with $2k paper weights...

Fox 0 votes

+1 to having RecordBox get updated to be more than just a file browser and beat detection.  It would be great if it performed in a similar fashion to Traktor. The price of each of my units surely justifies it!

LVF 0 votes