Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox LINK does not work with Windows 8

Please help because the FAQs on this site are useless.

I can get my phone AND my Windows 7 laptop to connect to my CDJs no problem, but I cannot get the Windows 8 (brand new) to connect.

I'm an IT technician and have checked almost everything.  There are NO security programs installed and NO firewalls (even the windows firewall service is stopped).

The network is set as "private" and not  "public".

The devices are all connected to the same Linksys Cisco switch (not a router, just a switch, but all devices have an IP assigned from a router which is also connected to the same switch).

No network sharing is enabled either.

The CDJs see each other, the phone and the laptop.  But the LINK icon just wont appear on the Windows 8 PC (most important device!).

Running version 2.0.3 of Rekordbox and the fireware on all devices is up to date.

Can anyone tell me what possible software/services block rekordbox?

Thanks

Matt 

Matt D

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

well being that it's not on their list yet of compatible OS', you may be screwd for a little unless someone has a workaround

from their site:

■Compatible Operating SystemsWindows®Windows® 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate/Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business/Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional*

BriChi 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Do you by any chance have Office Starter 2010 installed, or have you used Office Starter To-Go on the computer?

The "Virtual Drive"-driver blocks som RB functionality.

Also check that "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" is disabled, because it uses the same port-range as RB.

(RB uses ports between 50000 - 50011, and  the media player-service uses 50004 - 50011)

Also note if you disable the service, while it's running, you need to reeboot before testing, because the ports are not released just by stopping the service.

Wicket 0 votes

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try that when I get there and also check what ports are already in use on the PC

There's so little documentation about the RB link online it's really hard to investigate.  Can you guys tell me as much technical info about it as possible?

Thanks

Matt 

Matt D 0 votes

I went shopping for a computer yesterday for a family member. All I could find in their budget was computers with Windows 8 on it. I've made a few visits to youtube.com on how to locate this or how to change that. I understand with time Windows 8 would get easier to figure out but man there seems to be a maze of pointing and clicking to get what you want Vs. Windows before. 

I'm not a fan of Windows 8 even after figuring things out. However it appears I will be forced to assimilate one day. I thought maybe I would change to Mac but I have sort of changed my mind on that limited junk. I can't remember what features I was looking for but I was told Mac didn't offer it. (touch screen, Itunes for Android phones, I couldn't install apps on an Ipad unless Apple allowed it... Some dictator BS. 

I know this didn't really help much. I guess my point is, good luck. 

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votes

matt, keep in mind in the RB help on the forum they tell you to make sure these files are allowed through the firewall, I know Win8 has a different management of firewall and protection then previous Windows versions (I have heard) so it may be a little tricky to get Win8 to work right

Here's what you need to allow through the firewall (Windows or otherwise):

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\edb_streamd.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvnfsd.exe - UDP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvlinksysmgr.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\rekordbox.exe - TCP

BriChi 0 votes

hahaha as a fellow Apple-hater i love the above comment!  :-D

BriChi, thanks but u don't have a firewall so there';s nothing blocked.  Windows 8 is the same as Windows 7 basically with a difference face, but the firewalls etc are all the same (and disabled on mine).

Thanks 

Matt D 0 votes

No problem man. Good luck. Hopefully they do an official rb release soon that supports 8

BriChi 0 votes

FOUND IT!

Bloody POWER DVD (some junk delivered with the PC pre-installed).  Had port 50000 open.

Thanks for letting me know about the ports 

Matt D 0 votes

might give windows 8 a whirl, what mixer you got bud? did you use win 7 driver?

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

CDJ2000NXSx2 + DJM900NXS.

Windows 8 PC (64bit).

Only problem so far is Rekordbox wont scan some of my larger mp3s (4 hours long tracks) 

Matt D 0 votes

LOL - thanks for reporting back @Matt!  The software should scan longer songs, is it only on tracks over 4hrs that it doesn't import / scan?

Pulse 0 votes

No it's random, they're live recordings from our club.  Some scan some don't.  One that's 5hrs long scanned and one that's 3hrs long didnt, so not sure what it is.

It gets to 99% complete then crashed (stops responding giving the end task window)

Matt D 0 votes

PS: Please get your technical documentation for Rekordbox online asap!  The amount of times I've had issues with it and been unable to diagnose it (or spent days/weeks getting stressed out) because there's no technical info online anywhere!  Some of us geeks (lots of DJs are geeks haha) know how to use technical info.

Matt D 0 votes