Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

[SOLVED] Accented character on Yosemite problem

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes.

1) Operating System: OSX 10.10.1

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.1.0

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: XDJ-AERO wireless

4b) Using with CDJs: No 

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: HFS+

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Yes

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both (DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!)

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No

10a) If yes, please post a link to it:

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here: I have problem with accented characters. If an accented character is in the song name, or in the playlist name, some characters will be invisible. If I select the song, or anything to edit, the accented characters will be visible.

I tried to uninstall all of rekordbox, and after reinstall that, but that not helps.

scaby

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

8 commentaires

I've noticed this too. The filename will have breaks in it but is displayed fine on my players.

Also, it's not the actual name that has the accented characters affected, but the remainder of the filename (see pic).

What's missing is [, C and M

Shªun_N 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I have problem with playlists too. 

When I export my songs to USB, the names will be bad on CDJs too..

scaby 0 votes

I have tons of tracks with umlauts, accented characters etc. but experience no problems what so ever. Using Mac with Yosemite, latest Rekordbox, USB-sticks and CDJ 900 Nexuses. A difference might be that I organize all in iTunes and just use Rekordbox to set cue points and synchronize to the sticks. I also only use AIFF's, maybe there's a problem handling mp3 tags.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes

Loot at my second picture. There are problems not only with the music files. There are problems at playlists. 

I tried on Mavericks, tried on Mountain Lion. There are problems only on Yosemite renamed files. If I rename on Mavericks, Mountain lion, there aren't problems. But I'm using Yosemite, and I'm renaming on Yosemite. Please fix the error.

scaby 0 votes

I just recently imported a track with a "ç" character in it and Rekordbox cannot display the whole name of this tune. The weird thing is that if you click on the file name as to rename it, it will be displayed as it should. But the name goes bad again when you exit the rename mode, changed or unchanged. See attached pics. As I wrote in a previous comment I have tons of songs with umlauts etc. in their names and have not experienced any problems. So it's fairly safe to conclude that this problem is isolated to some characters, like "ç".

This bug has not been fixed in Rekordbox 3.2. Not show stopping but annoying, would be wonderful if it was added to the "To Do" list.

I'm told this will be fixed in two stages over the next two updates.

Pulse 0 votes