Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

8 abonnés S’abonner

(Rekordbox) Sort tracks in Collection by playlist

Dear DJ colleagues,

This is something that has been bothering me for a while.

My Rekordbox indicates that there are almost 2100 tracks in my collection, but still, when i update my USB sticks these show only 1650 tracks. This means that there are more than 400 tracks which are not included in my playlists, but I'm unable to find out which ones aren't included!

Is there a way I can sort my tracks in 'Collection' by playlist? Or is there another to find out which tracks are not included in playlists yet?

Thanks!

Brian Bouwmeester

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

12 commentaires

@Brian > There is currently no way to show "songs not in a playlist," but you can do the reverse by selecting a song and showing which playlists it is in (right-click).

If you are missing songs in playlists, are they missing from the export collection as well or are they simply not exporting to the drive due to some error with the file, etc?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Hi, I've got the same issue. I'm recovering hundreds of songs from a broken external hard drive. I've managed to relocate most song using the usb's where I exported the songs for playing. 

Mi issue is when in a playlist and selecting the song it says it's already in collection. And in fact, it is in the collection but seems to be a duplicate. I would like to know which songs are in a playlist but trying the above mentioned (right-click) does not show them. Can you please be more specific in how to see in the collection if a song is in a playlist and which one?

Eduardo Porta 0 votes

@Eduardo > To find out which playlists a song is in, select the track, click here:

It will drop-down with all of the playlists.

Pulse 1 vote

@Pulse > Thank you! That last comment was helpful.

Would you know if there is a keyboard shortcut to that vertical double arrows button you pointed to in your last comment here?

Lt. Leximus 0 votes

Sorry, no, there is no keyboard shortcut for that function.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi sorry but i cannot see the playlists that contain a song by right click.

Giona Guidi 0 votes

@Giona > Follow the instructions 3 posts up; click a track, then click the double-arrow item above the track listing to drop-open the list of locations with that selected song.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > Thanks for clarifying. I didn't notice the arrow on the left, just the other one that akkows you to select the target deck.

Giona Guidi 0 votes

I know this is an old post but I could really do with this (or a similar) feature.

Whilst doing some library tidy up, I found several tracks that weren't part of any playlist - and my mix workflow only ever considers tracks in playlists - so these tracks will never be played.

I'd love to be able to filter/create an intelligent playlist etc that lists tracks that aren't a member of a playlist.

I know I can identify on a track by track basis but my collection is > 5k tracks - so would probably take some time to work through. 

tw332 2 votes

I agree with you @tw322, this is a very important feature!

Being able to Show songs which aren't saved in a playlist already will aid with large music library management. 

Tommy Ly 0 votes

Is there a DJ software that has this feature? I'd be interested to see how they implemented this. 

Ves 0 votes

Here's how I manage it...

I created a group of "management" tags in the MyTags. Here are a few that I use:

- In Collection
- Fix Grid
- Check ID3
- Update Artwork
- Has ActiveCensor

...and the one most relevant to this topic:

- In Playlist

I have others, and most of these are self-explanatory, but I'll just tell you the reason for the "In Collection" tag. rekordbox doesn't efficiently do a negative tag; if you want to show songs that do not have a particular tag, if they don't have a tag at all, they don't appear in the list. For example, if you bring in a new song to rekordbox and want to then create an intelligent playlist to show songs that don't have a certain tag, if the song has no tags, they won't meet that criteria, because not only do they not have THAT tag, they don't have any tags at all. They need to have at least one other tag. Adding "In Collection" does just that.

When new tracks are imported to rekordbox, they're all tagged "In Collection," and I will regularly go through my playlists, select all the tracks and click the "In Playlist" tag for the entire group of files. The catch is making sure that if I remove a track from a playlist, I remove the tag!

I can then create an intelligent playlist and systematically go through my collection to narrow things down. I have to do this in batches because the maximum number of songs in any playlists (incl. intelligent) is way smaller than my total collection size.

I know these are work-arounds, but at the very least, you may have learned a bit more about the power of the MyTag function and how you might use it in your collection.

Pulse 0 votes